JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Making your own cloth diapers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1620-making-your-own-cloth-diapers/)
-   -   GO check your local Joanns! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1620-making-your-own-cloth-diapers/2418200-go-check-your-local-joanns.html)

Kelllilee September 21st, 2011 09:13 AM

GO check your local Joanns!

They now have REAL pul, snaps, snap pliers, diaper-making aplix and FOE!!

Here's what I found when I went to check it out:

They have about 6 solid colors and 2 prints by-the-yard. Solids $12.99, prints $14.99 (coupons!!). Then there are adorable packaged sets. They come with 3 solids, or 2 prints and a solid that coordinate. $14.99 for those, 21x25" pieces. Snaps are size 20, come in sets of 60, with 2 or 3 different (coordinating) colors in each package $7.99. FOE comes in packages of 2 colors/colors, I think 1 yard each color/print. Don't remember the price on those. Hook and loop (velcro) comes in 1.5" size packaged in single colors (LOTS of colors!!) with 1 yd soft, and .5 yd hard $3.99/pkg. they also have snap pliers and the pattern book/instructions that looks VERY good for beginners.

It looked like a LOT of the prints on the website are there, but mostly in the packaged sets which is a bummer. Quality looks WONDERFUL on everything. I'm probably going to take some coupons tomorrow and pick some up!

Irishgirl September 21st, 2011 04:14 PM

Re: GO check your local Joanns!

I stopped by on Sunday and my Joann's was pretty stocked. All of the PUL prints in the packages also were available by the yard, the FOE packages ($6.99 I think) say 2 ct. 1 in x 2 yards. I interpreted that to mean each color was 2 yards long, but I guess I can't say for sure as I haven't opened my package yet. Pretty exciting, especially since my last Joann's mailing had 1 50% off coupon and 4 40% off coupons!

SuJo September 21st, 2011 07:30 PM

Download the Joann app if you have a smart phone, there is a 50% off notion coupon you can use on it as well.

greenchild September 22nd, 2011 07:14 AM

:lol: I bought a bunch of their new stuff - 50% off the PUL and 40% off coupons for everything else! I love coupons!

Kelllilee September 22nd, 2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishgirl (Post 24881654)
I stopped by on Sunday and my Joann's was pretty stocked. All of the PUL prints in the packages also were available by the yard, the FOE packages ($6.99 I think) say 2 ct. 1 in x 2 yards. I interpreted that to mean each color was 2 yards long, but I guess I can't say for sure as I haven't opened my package yet. Pretty exciting, especially since my last Joann's mailing had 1 50% off coupon and 4 40% off coupons!

so jealous!!! I want a lot of the prints in yardage!! I picked up some today with coupons though.

I looked closer at the FOE and yep, 2 yards each color/print

8miraclez September 23rd, 2011 11:28 AM

I bought a bunch of the pul and love it. Here are a couple covers I've made already. Don't mind the blurry pic, she didn't want to hold still.

http://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...2cbf1698f4.jpg
http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...471d005598.gif

I bought some diaper cuts just so I could make some monster diapers. They had most of the prints in yardage, but not all of them. I've already been back there twice and am trying to control myself so I don't go back again.

SuJo September 23rd, 2011 12:34 PM

Rebecca-did you use their pattern book or your own pattern for those? They are really cute!! I've been using my own patterns, but I bought their book to try out the small in there. It says 8-20 lbs though, that seems like such a huge spread to me.

8miraclez September 24th, 2011 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuJo (Post 24893493)
Rebecca-did you use their pattern book or your own pattern for those? They are really cute!! I've been using my own patterns, but I bought their book to try out the small in there. It says 8-20 lbs though, that seems like such a huge spread to me.

I looked through the book and decided to buy fabric instead. The pattern looks similar to what I've been making which is a pattern based off my kids measurements over the years. 8-20lbs is a huge range. Did you see what the medium size was? My dd is just over 9lbs and still in newborns. Let me know if the smalls work.

patchworktiner February 17th, 2012 10:22 PM

I'm*curious*to*hear*about*any*delamination*issues* with*the*Babyville*PUL.

greenchild February 22nd, 2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchworktiner (Post 25639777)
I'm*curious*to*hear*about*any*delamination*issues* with*the*Babyville*PUL.

Mine completely delaminated. BUT - Babyville reimbursed me for my cost and paid to have the remaining fabric shipped back to them so they could do testing on it. Not only that, but those delaminated covers are still in full use! Their laminate does not stick to itself like other PUL does. It's basically like a 2-layer cover - one layer fabric, another layer laminate. Hasn't ripped or torn or anything. Still not going to buy more until they fix the problem though.