JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Making your own cloth diapers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1620-making-your-own-cloth-diapers/)
-   -   Shannon (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1620-making-your-own-cloth-diapers/2441730-shannon.html)

shen7 November 1st, 2011 01:59 PM

Shannon

Did you get your wazoodle fabric yet? Have you figured out what you're going to do?

I want to make 12 day doublers for adding to flats or prefolds, then several nighttime inserts. My plan is: (subject to change at any time lol)
Day ones: ~11" x ~4", 1 layer zorb II, faced & finshed (like quilt binding) with bamboo silkweight jersey. Zorb II is supposedly already faced with bamboo/cotton but I want jst one more layer next to baby.
Night ones: not sure... But I'm thinking to just make a big 12x14" or so piece of zorb ii, backed and finshed with some hemp french terry if I have enough, or some other natural fiber from the stash, and sew on some fold lines for trifolding. Keep it just that simple for pocket inserts but for lay-ins, sew a 12x5 strip of microfleece over the middle of the zorb top, sotheres a little fleece overlap over the fold lines.

WDYT???

I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet though, and they said they ship in 5 business days, it is now the fifth business day, so I will call tomorrow if I don't hear anything.

*~~Shannon~~* November 1st, 2011 02:24 PM

Re: Shannon

I'm actually about to call/email someone here soon. I ordered on the 18th and still haven't gotten a shipping conf. yet. I'm a little peeved.

shen7 November 1st, 2011 05:16 PM

That sucks. Did you call yet? What did they say?

*~~Shannon~~* November 1st, 2011 06:06 PM

I sent an email and have not heard back yet. My kids seem to turn into howler monkeys when I put a phone to my ear, so I generally avoid phone calls unless I have to! :p

*~~Shannon~~* November 1st, 2011 06:23 PM

Just got an email back that it shipped last week. He didn't give me any more info than that, so who knows when it will actually show up. :rolleyes:

shen7 November 1st, 2011 07:52 PM

Well at least it shipped! It might take a couple weeks if it goes parcel post. I guess I can forget about mine getting here next week lol

*~~Shannon~~* November 1st, 2011 07:56 PM

He said it was shipped FedEx, but I'm still not holding my breath on seeing it this week.

shen7 November 2nd, 2011 02:00 PM

Well I emailed them and heard back. First I got an autoreply saying that I had emailed the wrong address and to call if I needed help. So I called and got an answering machine. I did not leave a message. Then I got an email from a real person, saying it shipped Friday and giving a tracking number but no carrier! But I figured it was fedex, and so it was :D it is expected to be here this Friday.

*~~Shannon~~* November 2nd, 2011 10:46 PM

The tracking number they gave me isn't coming up on FedEx's website, so I'm still in the dark, but I hope it's soon!

*~~Shannon~~* November 4th, 2011 03:22 PM

It's here! Woo Hoo! I can't wait to get sewing!

Gaby&Emmy'sMama November 17th, 2011 02:30 PM

glad it finally arrived!!!!

shen7 November 18th, 2011 07:21 AM

Hey so what ARE you making??? I have too much other stuff going on and have not done anything with my ZorbII yet... Now I think I might want to make lay in Grovia boosters instead of doublers for flats, plus some night inserts for my GC bamboo pocket fitteds... Our needs have changed a bit with the part time ECing...

*~~Shannon~~* November 18th, 2011 10:37 AM

The Zorb was much thicker than I imagined, so I adjusted my game plan quite a bit.

So far, I've made:
3 - trifold inserts (1 layer each flannel, Zorb, bamboo fleece, and a strip of microfleece down the middle)
4 - inserts (2 layers Zorb, bamboo on one side, flannel on the other)
4 - doublers (bamboo on both sides, one layer of Zorb in the middle)

I have enough stuff cut to do about that many again and still have more than half a yard of Zorb left.

To be honest, the verdict is still out on the Zorb and I'm questioning the choice to buy it. I've tried it a few times and not been impressed. I keep hoping they need more prep and pop them into each load of wash I do.

shen7 November 18th, 2011 10:44 AM

Keep prepping! The zorb does not need it but the bamboo, etc do need a lot of prep. And from what I understand, the zorb needs the natural fibers next to it to be nice and absorbent too, since they act as the reservoir of sorts when compression occurs. Then when the compression releases, the zorb can reabsorb it again. That's my understanding anyway.