JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   March 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1855-march-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Update on Us! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1855-march-2013-playroom/2635839-update-us.html)

JLNichols07 March 18th, 2013 04:47 PM

Update on Us!

Me, my husband, and baby girl have ALL been sick. My 2 y/o and 4 y/o are perfectly fine and hyper as all get out..while me and my husband feel like we are on death's door barely able to get out of bed. Thursday Corie has a doctors appointment because both of her eyes have clogged tear ducts..they are all green and gunky and we have to clean them out every time we feed her. It's not fun for her at all!

OAN: Tomorrow I have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor to get this sciatic nerve or whatever it is checked out. Besides being sick..I have been hurting so bad when I walk. The pain is unbearable..and even taken the Ibuprofen (600 mg) and Percocet from my c-section..it still did not touch the pain. I really hope they can figure out what is going on with me because I want to be able to enjoy my kids and stop feeling so useless. My incision is healing up pretty nicely..I have my husband look at it every other day to make sure it doesn't look red..there is no more drainage or bleeding coming out of it and it only hurts if I overdue it by moving too much. Oh yeah I've told myself from day 1 of this recent pregnancy I would NEVER have any more kids after my 3rd child...but after seeing how sweet my baby girl is..I thinking some day I will have a 4th child..probably no time soon but I couldn't imagine not ever been pregnant and never getting to experience the ultrasounds..movement...gender scan..and all that stuff again. Any one else feel this way?

And of course I have to end this with a picture of my baby girl...:) Hope everyone else is doing great!
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps549468d2.jpg

momoftwinsand1 March 18th, 2013 05:28 PM

Re: Update on Us!

Hope everyone feels better soon. I 100% know how you feel, this is why I have 7 kids:)

KtKuKi March 18th, 2013 08:47 PM

I actually feel the opposite. I planned on having one more but I'm 95% sure I'm done now.

I hope you all feel better soon. I had a horrible cough in labor and for about 5 days after. Coughing with stitches is miserable!

Amy B. March 19th, 2013 08:25 AM

So sorry you are not feeling well. :( That's got to be really tough, especially with a newborn.

As for wanting more, I got my tubes tied, as this is our fourth baby. We knew we were done, but then on the way home from the hospital, DH and I both got upset at knowing that this is our last one. I think we would have several more if it were safe and we had more room/money. LOL It's sad to know that this stage of our life is over. I keep telling DH that we will have nieces/nephews and grandchildren eventually, although it's not the same.

JLNichols07 March 19th, 2013 10:24 AM

Thanks ladies for all the positive words! I went to the orthopedic doctor today and I have a herniated disc...been put on 2 doses of steroids..hopefully that will get it under control ..if not I have to go back in 8 weeks and discuss other options.

Kelz88 March 19th, 2013 10:51 AM

Yikes! Im glad you found out what is wrong but ouch. I hope those steroids help ease the pain a little.

Your baby is so beautiful and I know exactly what you mean by not being done yet ;) Heck I still want at least one more (it will be a few years though, Im only 24 with 4) One this the bf and I agreed on was that we will not be getting "fixed". I will have to look into some non hormonal birth control though since im still breastfeeding/ pumping.

I think my doctor is a jerk now... He sent me home with extra strength tylenol for my c-section :/

Neads March 19th, 2013 12:54 PM

Hope you feel better soon! Recovery from a c-section can be rough even without being sick and having a herniated disc!

I definitely know how you feel about not wanting to be done. I had told myself all through my second pregnancy that it would be my last... and during this third one I REALLY tried to make myself feel done. But now she is here, and I just can't imagine "never again". I just want "one more". I'm afraid I will always want "just one more". Realistically I know it's not a great idea, but it's really hard to convince my heart!

I'm been so emotional lately because a couple of friends just had their babies and my sister just announced she's pregnant with #4 AND just started the adoption process to bring home an international baby. I bawled for an hour the other night because I just don't want to be done!