JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   March 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1970-march-2014-playroom/)
-   -   I caved (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1970-march-2014-playroom/2674968-i-caved.html)

C-Rob August 26th, 2013 03:29 PM

I caved

I finally went to the maternity store. LOL I made it 13 weeks. My shorts were finally too tight with the rubberband. haha

I got a few pair of pants/shorts/leggings. I'm hoping that'll last me. I'm still working on finding some cute tops. Some of these clothes are ridiculously priced for temporary wear!!

I'm still looking for a bellaband. I haven't found them at WalMart, Target or the maternity store. I did find them on Amazon, but I have no idea on the sizing???

Schofield06 August 26th, 2013 07:12 PM

Re: I caved

My SIL is a few months farther along than I am. I am going to borrow some things that she either didn't like or no longer fit her tomorrow. I have like one pair of pants and 5 shirts that I can wear right now. I have some pj's too, but that doesn't work to wear to my job. LOL. Hoping I don't have to buy too much because of how expensive everything is!

Mrs. D August 27th, 2013 02:08 AM

There are several different brands of belly bands. The one I have is just sized "medium" which seems to cover a ledge range of sizes.

As for maternity tops, maybe check your local thrift store. Since maternity is a temporary type of clothing, it usually ends up there very lightly worn, almost new. And much cheaper than going to a regular store. ;)

Mrs. D August 27th, 2013 02:08 AM

There are several different brands of belly bands. The one I have is just sized "medium" which seems to cover a ledge range of sizes.

As for maternity tops, maybe check your local thrift store. Since maternity is a temporary type of clothing, it usually ends up there very lightly worn, almost new. And much cheaper than going to a regular store. ;)

ourrobbinsnest August 27th, 2013 04:36 AM

I second the thrift store idea. I'm not wearing them yet, but I have been keeping an eye out since my son was born to get ready for pregnancy #2 and I have found some really nice stuff, often high quality and brand name, barley used and only a few dollars.
Much better than spending $50 on jeans you'll wear for only a few months!

JillyP August 27th, 2013 08:00 AM

Im lucky to still have some old maternity clothes, and i sure am already wearing the shorts (mostly due to bloat, haha). And i actually still wore some of my t-shirts all through last year because some don't look like maternity at all! They just stretch well and are long enough to cover a baby belly. So thats one option... to justify the purchase, look for maternity shirts that might be worn when your not pregnant too?
Unfortunately the seasons are exactly flipped from my last pregnancy, so i have very few warm clothes yet. But like some others said, i also shop at thrift stores, so the cost is really no issue.

Schofield06 August 27th, 2013 06:58 PM

I was talking with my SIL today and she mentioned looking at craigslist. She said you can find some really nice, barely used maternity clothes for pretty cheap there too. Thought I'd pass along the advice I got.

C-Rob August 28th, 2013 10:10 AM

Believe me, I've thought about the thrift store. But I live in the middle of nowhere OK. haha I moved here to DH's hometown from Dallas. So, the closest ones to me would be OKC. I'm still researching the nicer areas of town and if they've got a thrift store so I don't end up in the ghetto. haha If I were in Dallas, there'd be no issue!