JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   March 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1970-march-2014-playroom/)
-   -   symphysis pubis dysfunction (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1970-march-2014-playroom/2704699-symphysis-pubis-dysfunction.html)

1stTimeMommy92 January 22nd, 2014 03:42 PM

symphysis pubis dysfunction

Has anyone else suffered from this? I am 33+5 weeks, and it suddenly started today. It has made it extremely difficult to pretty much walk anywhere, especially up and down steps. I can't put any pressure on my hips while laying down, and it is so painful to get up from laying or sitting. I have read about chiropractic adjustment, which I can not afford, but other information was not very helpful or made it worse. I'm not sure what to do, I will have to mention this to my dr at my next appt, but until then any advice would be great.

madis-mama17 January 22nd, 2014 07:54 PM

Re: symphysis pubis dysfunction

Is that when your pubic bone hurts? If so I've had since 20 something weeks! Some days are so bad I want to die.

Third is unpredictable January 23rd, 2014 05:19 AM

I've had it from about 16 weeks, unfortunately your likely to get it again, earlier and worse in subsequent pregnancies. I've attended physiotherapy, on bad days I wear a maternity support tube around my tummy/hips which immediately gives me some relief. You can get maternity support belts/bands which have mixed reviews- I got mine for free from physio it's made out of the same material as the stuff they give for arm/leg supports. Kegals (pelvic floor excercised) are meant to strengthen pelvic floor and could help with pain. I was also given other lower abdominal excercises (I've been bad and haven't been keeping up with them that could help. Other things you can do to help includes getting out of the bath sitting in its edge (rather than stepping out with each leg as this can make the pelvic area tense back up after relaxing it). Using pillows in between legs whilst sleeping might help at night. Any position for sleeping feels uncomfortable for me as side of hips hurt even if the symphysis pubis doesn't :(

Six14 January 23rd, 2014 07:09 AM

Yes, I have a 5mm separation. At 9mm it is nearly impossible to walk. This is normal and good as you get ready for birth, but very uncomfortable. The worst pain for me occurs when I am, laying down on my side, I feel my bones grinding together. I have heard people say that it feels liek your legs are not attached anymore, and that is how I feel. That is where the pregnancy waddle comes from!

1stTimeMommy92 January 23rd, 2014 07:33 AM

It is so painful, I am in tears when I walk. My DF has to literally push me up steps. I am going to the drs today for it because I can't sleep with it, I can barely get up from sitting..ugh!! its so painful!