JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   March 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1970-march-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Everyone ready for baby? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1970-march-2014-playroom/2707347-everyone-ready-for-baby.html)

Butterflykisses2 February 9th, 2014 12:27 AM

Everyone ready for baby?

Everything except the dresser/storage for his clothes etc has been purchased! What a relief having everything is! We just got the car seat today, now I just have to finish washing/hanging all his stuff and assemble a few things. Can't wait to have it all finished! Anyone else finished or getting close to the end of your list?

Schofield06 February 9th, 2014 02:16 PM

Re: Everyone ready for baby?

I'm hoping to get the last of the stuff I need this next weekend. There's not much left.

Mrs. D February 9th, 2014 04:06 PM

I'm hoping that we'll be ready after the baby shower today. We already have all the bare essentials, though.

1stTimeMommy92 February 10th, 2014 09:45 AM

We have everything finished and ready..now we just wait lol

one.juniper February 10th, 2014 05:45 PM

We're getting there, I know it feels good when everything is ready :D

Vandertramp February 11th, 2014 09:33 AM

We have everything but it is all in boxes and bags in the nursery. I feel like I am not even close to ready. I want to

(1) Clean, organize and declutter the whole house
(2) Get the nursery ready, including wash all the stuff that we stored in the garage from the last kids, assemble and lable everything.
(3) Pack hospital bag
(4) Do our taxes

I have about 6 weeks left give or take, and work f/t, still coach son's soccer, and still need to take care of the other kids. Oh yeah and we are gone one of the weekends. Aka I have no idea when everything is going to happen.

Mrs. D February 11th, 2014 04:26 PM

My son's new loft bed will be coming in the next week or so, the one that will make room for the new baby in his bedroom.

I still have to put the last couple of things in my hospital bag and pack the bags in the van.

I have to go get bedding for our crib, one of my friends wanted to get us crib bedding, but ended up giving us cash to pick it out for ourselves instead.

I need to make a sheet of school instructions for our friends who will be watching our son for us while at the hospital. Mostly regarding how to put on his uniform and when to drop off/pick up.

I need to get the house tidy. But even if I did that I'd have to do it again the next day. Lol

I have to get some paperwork finished for our new van. (Buying a car in Japan is insane! Never complain about the DMV to me!)

And...I think that's it.

Butterflykisses2 February 12th, 2014 01:57 AM

Lol if I added the whole house to the list well.. It'd be much longer and I'd feel less accomplished!! I've just been making it a goal to spend at least a few minutes a day on getting the babys room set up. I'm almost done with all the laundry from newborn-3 months, diapers, etc. got the changing table organized today with the cloth stash clean/inserts stuffed and now just need a place for the clothes that are hanging out in the top of it lol! Next is to set up the rocking chair and the rock and play as well as to wash the car seat cover.. :)

As far as the house goes - it just needs one really good deep clean, which will hopefully happen gradually over the next two weeks 1 room at a time. If we weren't moving so soon after baby I wouldn't even worry about it cuz it's overall clean but those that have dealt with military housing can understand how it is.

Alaska Baby14 February 16th, 2014 08:27 PM

Were pretty much ready! Had my baby shower yesterday and got quite a bit of the little things I needed.. And since we still have Kayla's infant car seat I was just going to reuse that... But were having a boy and her car seat is all girly with flowers! But I found a replacement car seat cover on ebay today for less than $20 w shipping! So score!! I think all I need now is newborn diapers!! So I'm pretty much set!!

madis-mama17 February 16th, 2014 08:52 PM

Emotionally and body wise yea yes yea physically not even close hahah

Jen@FirsAve February 17th, 2014 08:29 AM

We're pretty much ready hete too. I'm currently doing lots of laundry, organising and tidying. Finding homes for everything id probably the most time consuming tjing! Otherwise the nursery is finished, we moved our spare bed into the 3rd bedroom which is currently my office but I finish work this Friday so won't be needing sn office for the next 12 months whilst I'm on maternity leave. Another plus is that I now have space to get a glider for the nursery! Whoop!