JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Married Life (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f346-married-life/)
-   -   Renewing Vows (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f346-married-life/2626541-renewing-vows.html)

CameronsMommy February 17th, 2013 08:22 PM

Renewing Vows

Do you plan on renewing your vows with dh? DO you plan want to have a small gathering or have a full on 2nd wedding?

Amaranth Dhanya February 18th, 2013 06:27 AM

Re: Renewing Vows

We renewed our vows last summer.

It was beautiful and memorable(more so than our original one). It was just us and our boys and we each had a good friend as witnesses/guests.

Blue-Jay February 18th, 2013 07:43 AM

Maybe when we get to the 25 year mark, if we're still mobile, lol! I'd love to have a small but rockin' party. :)

GwynethFords February 20th, 2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CameronsMommy (Post 27105069)
Do you plan on renewing your vows with dh? DO you plan want to have a small gathering or have a full on 2nd wedding?

Renewing of vows would be awesome! That is a celebration of your love and marriage! You both deserve to have another wedding! I'll celebrate it with families and closest friends only, yes, just a small gathering with people who played a big role in our marriage life.

Just_Marie February 20th, 2013 08:01 PM

We renewed on our 7th anniversary, we did our Catholic ceremony which we didn't do the first time. First wedding was 300+ people, the renewal at 7 years was about 50 people and we did a big barbeque on our acreage surrounded by our kids-it was great! Our 10th is this year and I'm kind of interested in a tiny renewal again. Ten years is pretty big for couples we know

tryn1998 February 20th, 2013 08:23 PM

We would ultimately like to renew our vows for our 10yr anniversary (which is next year). We never got a honeymoon and we got married young, so I'd love to renew our vows somewhere exotic and then have a honeymoon, finally. We plan for it to just be the 2 of us. Planning a wedding was too stressful the first time around.

Jessimaaka February 22nd, 2013 05:29 PM

We've only been married 2 years so I don't think I can yet. I'd love to do it with close family and friends (like max 40 people).

Sweet_BrownSugr March 8th, 2013 03:03 PM

Yes - DH and I plan to renew our vows at either the 5 or 10 year mark (probably 5). And I think a ceremony and reception would be great. I think I will have an open invitation for the ceremony...and then send out special invites to the reception (but still have plenty of guests: family & friends). I am looking forward to it! :)

Doralovinmomma March 23rd, 2013 02:13 PM

After the roller coaster we have endured we want to reaffirm our views.probably at 10 years.but who knows.I want an actual wedding as I didn't get one the first time.I got a court house wedding

Genipher March 23rd, 2013 08:00 PM

I've never understood the idea of renewing vows.
My husband and I had a small wedding. We had no wedding party or exotic honeymoon. You could say it was a little above going to the Justice of the Peace. However, neither of us have any regrets. It was perfect for us. To "re-do" the wedding would make me (personally) feel like the first time wasn't good enough.

Now a honeymoon? That might be fun since we never really went anywhere. But I wouldn't want to have a re-newing of the vows. We meant them whole-heartedly the first time.

butterfly721 March 28th, 2013 12:53 PM

DH and I have been married for less than a year, but I doubt that we will ever do a renewing of vows. We had a very large, traditional church wedding. So I don't really see what the point would be in our renewing our vows since we already said them once in front of all of our friends and family.

Not that there's anything wrong with renewing vows for those who want to do it - I just don't think it's for us. We will probably have anniversary parties, though.

CTK3989 April 2nd, 2013 03:31 PM

DH and I have talked about renewing our vows at the 10 year mark. We have been through so much and it would mean a lot to have a re-commitment ceremony. Currently, we have been married for 5 1/2 years.