JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Married Life (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f346-married-life/)
-   -   cleaning up after himself? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f346-married-life/2700258-cleaning-up-after-himself.html)

Dakotas_mom December 27th, 2013 05:37 PM

cleaning up after himself?

Does your DH clean up after himself, like doesn't he put his dirty dishes in the sink or put dirty clothes in the laundry basket?

kolbysmom December 27th, 2013 06:22 PM

Re: cleaning up after himself?

He does for the most part. He has a bad habit of leaving his jeans hanging out of the hamper, but at least he's making an effort. Since he's been out of work, he's the only one who does the dishes (YAY).

IronMamma December 27th, 2013 10:25 PM

Yes! I can honestly say DH is a GREAT cleaner upper. :giggle: He is very neat just like I am, thank god because I am whats some people call a "clean freak". Even though to me I am just normal.

esparando para bebé December 28th, 2013 05:49 AM

:) He's actually better about it than I am.

Jennhowru December 28th, 2013 10:19 AM

Not really. He leaves his dirty socks wherever he takes them off. Wet towels end up either on the bed or on the washing machine. Shirts that need hung up are on the dresser. And pants are on the dryer. Don't even get me started on the dishes!

IronMamma December 28th, 2013 03:14 PM

I do not understand men sometimes. My ex was HORRIBLE with cleaning anything. He would throw his dirty clothes NEXT to the hamper but his garage would be neatly organized and everything in order.

*Kiliki* January 6th, 2014 12:19 PM

yes and no....he has his days where his clothes won't make it into the hamper or he will just put his dishes on the counter without rinsing them LOL....but after my blow up not too long ago on him and the kids about the dishes they have all been MUCH better about cleaning up after themselves LOL.

MommyBeth January 6th, 2014 07:42 PM

DH and I split the house chores mostly. I really appreciate his help. But I did have to get after him to put his clothes in the hamper and make sure he got them in the right one. I put one hamper right outside our bathroom door for towels and only towels! I put a hamper by my closet and by his closet for our clothes(doesn't matter whose goes where.) For a while he would throw his clothes down on the floor right beside the hamper and leave them for me to pick up the next day! He is much better now. Though I have washed his wallet a few times!!

Keakie January 9th, 2014 05:34 PM

He's not bad. Sometimes he does this thing that drives me :hairpull: where he'll leave his dishes on the counter NEXT TO the dishwasher but not put them in or he'll toss his clothes on the floor NEXT TO the hamper. :lol: We've talked about it a lot. It's not intentional. He's just a little aloof. Overall he's a good help with the housework. He does dishes a few times per week, and puts in laundry for me here and there. He vacuums. Last week he deep cleaned our living room carpet and couches. I can't complain. :)

#5in2005 January 13th, 2014 08:20 AM

by nature my dh is VERY messy, and we've had many a discussion about it. Now that we've been married longer we've kinda worked it out. He's gotten pretty good at breaking some bad habits, and isn't too bad now.

ProudMommy2014 January 16th, 2014 05:42 PM

He is pretty good for the most part. Sometimes I will find a sock or two here and there on the floor