JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1710-may-2012-playroom/)
-   -   diaper bag or handbag? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1710-may-2012-playroom/2471226-diaper-bag-handbag.html)

chicknlittle January 5th, 2012 09:38 AM

diaper bag or handbag?

which will you be getting? any you already have your eye on? i'm on the hunt for one or the other... although i'm not sure which.

whats on your wish list mama's?

melissalaw January 5th, 2012 09:40 AM

Re: diaper bag or handbag?

I'll be getting another Eddie Bauer back pack diaper bag. that's what I use for Jackson right now and I love it. We take it to daycare everyday and it holds everything that he could potentially need.

Sa712 January 5th, 2012 09:52 AM

I have a HUGE LL Bean diaper bag for when DD was an infant, but as she got older I bought a tote.

Sarah7181 January 5th, 2012 09:57 AM

I use a diaperbag. I bring it with me in the cart until baby is older. Then I just leave it in the car. I carry a purse too. But I have 3 kids! Lol my older ones really just carry their sippy cups on their own now tho. When this baby is born, ill have a 5yr old, a 4 yr old, a 15 mo old, and a newborn. I'm on the hunt for a big diaperbag that is super durable. And I'm open to suggestions. :)

Twhylite21 January 5th, 2012 10:00 AM

I have 2 diaper bags that I used with the girls, I'll prob just use one of those again. I mainly carry a purse though and just keep diapers, etc in the car.

Mommy2Aiden369 January 5th, 2012 10:03 AM

I only carry a purse bc my son is potty trained so I don't need really anything for him, except maybe a juice box. I keep extra pants and undies just in case in my car. When baby comes I will use a diaper bag until she is potty trained. My MIL bought me the Thirty-One diaper bag for this baby. I had the Vera Bradley diaper bag for Aiden.

CPAmommy January 5th, 2012 10:19 AM

I had a diaper bag for DS i will most likely use for awhile after this baby is born again, I also have a Vera Bradley backpack I plan on using for smaller trips or when I'm with both kiddos by myself.

alilangel7 January 5th, 2012 10:28 AM

I have this one that I used with my daughter. It was a little expensive, but DH got it for me as a gift. It's not the same pattern, but the same bag. It held up well and I LOVED the roll out diaper pad. It was perfect and I would recommend this bag for everyone!
Petunia Pickle Bottom

I asked for this one for Christmas. It is bigger, more suited for 2 or more kids. Mckenzie is potty trained, but still likes to drag a boatload of toys around. I actually like that I use it for an overnight bag once the kids grow out of it.
Petunia Pickle Bottom

Both bags are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I highly recommend them!

lunarmagic January 5th, 2012 10:53 AM

I looked at a lot of diaper bags when I was pregnant and bought an (expensive) JuJuBe bag. I didn't like it. I ended up getting a large custom-made bag that worked much much better.

Things that I need:

* Easy access. I thought I wanted a zipper - zippers are very bad when you are carrying a crying baby. I have a magnetic closure now, MUCH better.

* Bigger. I do cloth diapers. I didn't realize just how much more space they'd take up! Add to those the wet bag, change of clothes, wipes, and nursing cover and I ended up needing a pretty large bag until she stopped peeing and pooping every time I turned around.

* Easy access pockets on the outside for my keys and phone. I don't want to be digging through my entire bag for my stuff, and I again don't want to be fighting with zippers.

* Later on bottle pockets come in really handy for sippy cups.

When Kate got older I downsized to a much smaller bag, and if I'm doing just some errands now I'll bring just my purse with a diaper stuffed into it. But for longer trips I still need a couple diapers, a sippy cup, snacks, pacis.

KatNJerPlus2 January 5th, 2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alilangel7 (Post 25424381)
I have this one that I used with my daughter. It was a little expensive, but DH got it for me as a gift. It's not the same pattern, but the same bag. It held up well and I LOVED the roll out diaper pad. It was perfect and I would recommend this bag for everyone!
Petunia Pickle Bottom

I asked for this one for Christmas. It is bigger, more suited for 2 or more kids. Mckenzie is potty trained, but still likes to drag a boatload of toys around. I actually like that I use it for an overnight bag once the kids grow out of it.
Petunia Pickle Bottom

Both bags are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I highly recommend them!

The larger one is the same one I am ordering! I have a custom made one that I carry for DD but her name in embroidered so I needed something bugger for both girls. I LOVE these bags.

Sarah7181 January 5th, 2012 11:31 AM

I love that last ppbottom bag! Might have a keeper. :)

dream2bemommy22 January 5th, 2012 12:41 PM

I think i am just going to get a Coach tote bag. I wont be bottle feeding, so no need to have a huge diaper bag.

With DS, i rarely used a diaper bag, i just threw things in my purse, so thats my plan this time. My Bday is in late april, so it will be my bday present =) Now i just have to pick one out!!

speechteach42 January 5th, 2012 01:07 PM

I have a JuJuBe backpack style diaper bag that I just got not long ago that we'll use for both kids. Once DD started walking it just got so hard using a tote style bag and holding her hand so I decided a backpack style was the way to go. I am concerned it will be big enough to hold things for two kids.

Mom to D&D January 5th, 2012 02:03 PM

I have a coach tote that i used with DS2. I might get another one, not sure yet.

*MJ* January 5th, 2012 02:07 PM

I just use a tote. For newborns it depends on where I'm going. I pack a diaper bag with everything I could possibly need, but it either stays in the car for quick trips, comes inside with me if we are staying at a friend's house a while, or goes in the bottom of the jogging stroller if out for a run. Then I just have my tote/purse for quick trips or whatever, with wipes, a few extra diapers and one change of clothes.

You know, I'm not sure that makes any sense at all. Who knows what I'll do! :lol:

StaceygirlPa January 5th, 2012 02:25 PM

My friend already got me a huge diaper bag that was hand made.

bookworm16_2000 January 5th, 2012 02:34 PM

I'm looking because I had a nice one with Allison but it won't be big enough for both kiddos (and it's pink).

disneydiva76 January 5th, 2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream2bemommy22 (Post 25425150)
I think i am just going to get a Coach tote bag. I wont be bottle feeding, so no need to have a huge diaper bag.

With DS, i rarely used a diaper bag, i just threw things in my purse, so thats my plan this time. My Bday is in late april, so it will be my bday present =) Now i just have to pick one out!!

I went this route . I got the large dooney and bourke giraffe print tote. It has two outside side pockets which wOrked perfect for bottles or sippy cups and it has an easy find key hook.

I got tired of carrying a purse and a diaper bag. Plus this doesn't "look" like a diaper bag. I get slot of compliments :)

mamaleddie January 5th, 2012 04:07 PM

My last bag was a Fleurville...I adored it! I had the 'mothership'. They have a clear kind of vinyl overlay that you can wipe down, which is AMAZING! It had a ton of room for everthing I needed for two kiddos.. I had a pink Coach diaper bag before this one and had to pay 75 bucks just to have it cleaned! The fleurville has a pretty satin lining, very stylish for boys and girls..here's a link to one I found on ebay that is a great price for NWT!!
FLEURVILLE MOTHERSHIP BABY DIAPER BAG LOVEKNOTS NWT | eBay
I'm ordering a custom bag for this little guy, with guitars and music notes..dad is a musician so he will love it, teehee...it will also have his name embroidered on it..

Sarah7181 January 5th, 2012 04:47 PM

Seems sh loves that picklebottum bag too! So it looks like ill be getting one! :) yay! Thank you for the suggestion. I'm uber excited about it.