JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1710-may-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Birthing classes? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1710-may-2012-playroom/2472965-birthing-classes.html)

mamaleddie January 9th, 2012 11:52 AM

Birthing classes?

Anyone taking them? We are going to do the Lamaze classes, more for Aaron than myself, lol..but I want him to go in knowing what to expect, and it will give him some familiarity with the hospital and such..Plus, I think it's a fun bonding experience. I took them with my first and my best friend was my coach, we had a blast!

melissalaw January 9th, 2012 11:57 AM

Re: Birthing classes?

We took a class when I was pregnant with Jackson but I doubt we will take one this time. Are you doing natural child birth (no epi)?

CPAmommy January 9th, 2012 11:59 AM

I might go to the one at the hospital just because I've never been to this hospital and I want to get the tour of the maternity wing :)

And I am doing the "hypnobabies" lessons from home as well, in hopes for a natural VBAC. But we'll see how that goes....

Twhylite21 January 9th, 2012 11:59 AM

Not this time around. I did Bradley classes when pregnant with Lily. Bradley is one of the main natural childbirth classes, and I knew that was the birth I was aiming for, and I learned a ton of great information and techniques. I don't think I really needed the class though - I did fine while in labor with both girls and never wanted an epidural or anything, but I know some people that really benefit more from a class setting. With Vi, I just re-read some materials and books. With this baby, I'm just refreshing my memory on a few things and that is it.

mamaleddie January 9th, 2012 12:01 PM

Very cool Amanda, I studied the hypno birthing to assist with a birth I attended. The Mama ended up hating it though, lol, and wanted nothing to do with blowing up the balloons and 'releasing' while in transition, teehee! I much prefer the ever practical 'hehehooo'...
And yes Melissa, I've had all five kids unmedicated, and will with this little guy as well...

Jennmarie January 9th, 2012 12:02 PM

nah, no classes for me. It never occurred to me to take one with my first, and this will be my 3rd in 6 years, delivering with the same docs/practice/hospital etc; so I feel pretty comfortable with the process.

speechteach42 January 9th, 2012 12:06 PM

Nope. I didn't take classes with my first and won't this time either. I have absolutely zero interest in natural childbirth so I didn't think a class was necessary in our case.

JsBaby January 9th, 2012 12:08 PM

I def want to take the Lamaze class. Just not sure if we need to do the beginners one or if we can just get by with the refresher. Thinking the refresher.

rmarie9509 January 9th, 2012 12:10 PM

were gonna take a class but Im not sure what kind yet. I have to decide what methods I'm interested in.

StaceygirlPa January 9th, 2012 01:05 PM

We are thinking of taking a class since this is our first child. I don't know if we will or not.

Raven_Haired_Mama January 9th, 2012 01:22 PM

No. I took a parenting a newborn type class and lamaze with my first. The lamaze didn't help me at all.