JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   ER visit today all is good. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2568478-er-visit-today-all-good.html)

Skimboardin Mama September 1st, 2012 08:32 PM

ER visit today all is good.

So i've been having sharp abdominal, shoulder, and back pain since my symptoms disappeared earlier this week.... my ob cant get me in sooner than the 12th and told me if the pain got worse to go in. They checked my blood. I'm 5 weeks and my hcg was 2324.6. They did a regular ultrasound on my stomach and confirmed that the sac was in the uterus and not in my tubes.

They said it was too early to see a fetal pole or yolk sac but that my hcg is right where it is supposed to be. I had also told them I charted my cycle and ovulated a bit late so that info helped too. They also saw a cyst on my left ovary... and i know nothing about cysts, so if you do please share. As for the pain, dunno why it's happening so early.

I'm happy there's one sac and my numbers are good!! :) YAY!!!!

NewlyMrs September 1st, 2012 09:26 PM

Re: ER visit today all is good.

Glad all is well mama! Take it easy this weekend. Ive heard cysts can be very painful. Hope you feel better soon :)

misty3281 September 2nd, 2012 04:40 AM

Everything sounds good with you! Cysts are actually pretty common. Lots of women get them and don't even know it because they go away on their own. I had one last summer I had removed that was 7 cm. While the doc was their he said he also removed 2 others on both ovaries and a fibroid. I couldn't even tell I had the others, it was just the one side that was hurting. He said typically they don't look to surgery until they're at least 8 cm, but since mine had grown 1 cm in a month he decided to go ahead and remove it. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Chances are it'll go away on its own.

TGill September 2nd, 2012 07:03 AM

Glad that everything is ok!

LPNMOMMY84 September 2nd, 2012 08:53 AM

I went to the ER Fri, it could have been the same exact visit but my numbers were half yours! They were happy with them though, so yours are great! I had a cyst too. One of the mama's here explained it's probably a corpous luteum cyst. Its pretty cool, look it up!

LeedaRenee September 2nd, 2012 09:33 AM

Glad everything is ok. I think all early pregnancies are accompanied by cysts on the ovary where the egg popped out. It provides progesterone until the placenta forms.

WantingAnother September 2nd, 2012 11:38 AM

I'm glad everything is ok :)

LPNMOMMY84 September 2nd, 2012 04:25 PM

I dont think it always forms a cyst on the side it necessarily came from, mine is on the right and that is impossible, my right tube is blocked. Unless there is a miracle and its been unblocked! That would be pretty awesome. Going to go research!

markswife September 2nd, 2012 07:16 PM

I'm so glad that things are looking good for you. I know you've been worried. I hope this will help you feel more comfortable!

BeccaC17 September 2nd, 2012 09:01 PM

I'm glad everything is okay and things are going well!

iErica September 3rd, 2012 05:20 AM

I'm sorry you had a scare, but so glad things are OK!