JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Lots of news!! Back from NT scan... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2584812-lots-news-back-nt-scan.html)

McKendon October 15th, 2012 10:23 AM

Lots of news!! Back from NT scan...

First of all, my due date was moved from 5/2 to 4/26, so I am now in the 2nd trimester!! I would like to keep popping in on this board and will probably go back and forth between here and April DDC. I was told I can stop my progesterone suppositories, thank the Lord!

The scan went great. Little baby was bouncing all over the place going from face up to down from back to front. I was able to see 2 arms, 2 legs, functioning kidneys and bladder, 4 heart chambers, brain, and complete skull formation. The nuchal was hard to measure because little baby was bouncing so much, but the tech did get a measurement of .7. When the Dr. came in, he was able to see the nuchal and said it looks "great".

The Dr. gave me the option of having the Harmony blood test to rule out any further genetic abnormalities, but I am not sure if I am going to do it. I told myself if the nuchal was concerning, then I would consider it. But it went great, so I think I am going to leave it in the Lord's hands and go from there.

I go back on Dec. 10th for my 20 week anatomy scan and hopefully find out the gender. The tech didn't even want to venture a guess today.

I'm SO relieved in so many ways after my appt. today.

TGill October 15th, 2012 10:26 AM

Re: Lots of news!! Back from NT scan...

Yay!! I hope you stay here so we can all see how you and lo are doing! Congrats on a great scan! I go on Thursday for mine and I'm pretty nervous.

JandJC October 15th, 2012 10:33 AM

congrats! please stick around for updates :)

TThompson October 15th, 2012 10:37 AM

glad you had a great scan.

Korrie_ October 15th, 2012 10:45 AM

Yay I am so glad it went well!! I hope you do stick around and keep us updated!!

Elly M. October 15th, 2012 10:53 AM

I am so glad to hear that! You must be so happy to be in the second trimester :) I hope you stick around here as well as the April DDC. I was in the APril DDC for short amount of time before I had a MC (that was right before this pregnancy), and they are a wonderful group of ladies, just like all of the ladies here. Congrats on such a great appt!

Tree_Love October 15th, 2012 11:12 AM

Sounds like it went well! I know I would love if you stuck around.:)

rcross81 October 15th, 2012 11:24 AM

Yay! Glad you had a great scan! I know it can def be nervewrecking but glad you got great results!

McKendon October 15th, 2012 11:26 AM

Thanks ladies. I was SO nervous before the scan and prepared for the worst. Now I feel like I can finally feel good about this pregnancy. The u/s was so amazing. I kept thinking how amazing our bodies are that we are able to form this baby and all the organs and everything! Wow.

kary4 October 15th, 2012 11:48 AM

That's fantastic! Mine is next Monday and I'm nervous!

dyeanotherday October 15th, 2012 01:14 PM

thats really exciting :)

kary4 October 15th, 2012 03:51 PM

Forgot to ask you, why did they change your due date?

mamamac October 15th, 2012 04:39 PM

That's great to hear!! :)

DH and I decided not to have any genetic testing done because we wouldn't consider doing anything (terminating the pregnancy, etc.) regardless of what the results showed. I don't want to stress myself unnecessarily if it's a false positive, either. It's in God's hands. :)

markswife October 15th, 2012 07:15 PM

so glad you had a great scan!