JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   candy, chocolate and junk food attack (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2606842-candy-chocolate-and-junk-food-attack.html)

SunnyBunnyMama December 19th, 2012 07:06 AM

candy, chocolate and junk food attack

I should reduce it but been eating it like crazy in the last couple of weeks.. with coffee, too!! I need and have to stop. Anyone else in the same boat?

Liztastic December 19th, 2012 07:12 AM

Re: candy, chocolate and junk food attack

I guess I HAVE to have a little more control because of my diabetes. I really have no choice. However I've been known to increase my insulin dose on occasions so I can treat myself. But I usually only do that for Holidays because I have to plan it pretty well. My insulin dose is based on a certain amount of carbs, so meal planning is pretty important. I however, wish I could have your problem! I like coffee though!! No carbs in that unless I add sugar or creamer. I do love my creamer. I recent got some Folgers Half Caff and Coffee-Mate Peppermint Mocha, OMG I've been drinking two cups every morning!

scraver2003 December 19th, 2012 07:53 AM

OMG - speaking of coffee... yesterday we got our K-cup order and I bought a box of Timothy's White Hot Chocolate. O.M.G. I think it may be the best thing I have ever put in my mouth. I think they put a little crack in it to make it taste so good. HIGHLY reccommend it. Each one is only 90 calories and it is a great way to satisfy the sweet craving (which I have been bad with)

rcross81 December 19th, 2012 08:15 AM

Ugh, yea I've been eating nothing but junk lately but not as many sweets...I would LOVE some fudge tho! I need to find some, SOON!!!

mamamac December 19th, 2012 08:30 AM

I've been pretty good about sweets, just because I haven't really been craving them...but now that I'm doing Christmas baking, that's going out the window. :)

TeeCee December 19th, 2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcross81 (Post 26888245)
Ugh, yea I've been eating nothing but junk lately but not as many sweets...I would LOVE some fudge tho! I need to find some, SOON!!!

You have NOOOOOO idea how badly ive been on a mission to find amazing fudge!!!

I settle with boring brownies that seem to just taste like cake. Blah.

EverydayJoy December 19th, 2012 10:14 AM

I just crave sweets once in awhile...last night I made up a batch of peanut butter cookies cause I wanted some! The only ingredients are a cup of PB, 1 egg, and a cup of sugar, so although it's a lot of sugar I didn't feel too bad eating like 5 of them! :)

Shufu_in_Shunan December 19th, 2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverydayJoy (Post 26888753)
I just crave sweets once in awhile...last night I made up a batch of peanut butter cookies cause I wanted some! The only ingredients are a cup of PB, 1 egg, and a cup of sugar, so although it's a lot of sugar I didn't feel too bad eating like 5 of them! :)

That's the same recipe that I use for peanut butter cookies! :D

I have also been really bad about eating junk food and sweets...my husband has been trying to keep me in check, but I just end up glaring at him. :S

MrsNHigh December 19th, 2012 12:49 PM

I'm on a salt kick lately: Cheetos, sunflower seeds, chips. Can't remember the last time I had a vegetable!

I have a student whose family is known in our city for its fudge. Getting some today!!

bcogoli December 19th, 2012 01:23 PM

Everydayjoy i use that recipe too.

Im just eating anything and everything i can. I do like sweets tho.

laroussell December 19th, 2012 10:29 PM

I was such a junk food eater before. Now all I want is fruit and broccoli. But I did ask my husband to go to Kroger at 11PM to get me some pepper jack cheese and some chocolate ice cream!! I am so ready to get my sweet tooth back!!!!

commomama December 19th, 2012 11:04 PM

I can't find what I want.. it's drivingme nuts!