JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   ultrasound tomorrow....but (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2613557-ultrasound-tomorrow-but.html)

Ryan and Alex's Mommy January 10th, 2013 05:34 PM

ultrasound tomorrow....but

I have an ultrasound tomorrow but i have a feeling and have heard that this place will not tell you the gender and won't send the gender to your dr....***?! I really want to know. There is a 3d ultrasound place up the street and i'm wondering if i should stop there after and see if they can do it for me...i just hope they can and it doesn't cost too much :(

EverydayJoy January 10th, 2013 05:56 PM

Re: ultrasound tomorrow....but

Hmm maybe get the one through the doc's office first and see if they give you the gender, and then find out the cost of the 3D place if you don't get to find out? If your insurance covers the doc's office u/s, then at least that won't be out of your pocket.

kary4 January 10th, 2013 06:01 PM

I don't get why they wouldn't tell you. It's standard part of the 20 week ultrasound to find out if you want to. I'd ask to find out and if they refuse, ask them why not?

Memi January 10th, 2013 06:34 PM

ITA with Kary. IDK why they wouldn't tell you. You've waited patiently and this is your opportunity to find out. It's not like they have to go out of their way to take a peak between baby's legs. I would just go in there and be syrupy sweet to the U/S tech and be overly excited to find out. Go in expecting it and telling her how you've counted down the days and you cannot wait to know and you hope so badly baby cooperates with her, and see where it gets you. If she says she can't check just beg and plead her to do a quick peak at the end.

bcogoli January 10th, 2013 06:45 PM

I would definatly ask your doctors office to do one and see if they can tell you the gender. You have waited to find out and you deserve to know.

laroussell January 10th, 2013 08:37 PM

I have never heard of anything like this!! The choice should be 100% up to you if you wanted to know or not...

mrsjl January 11th, 2013 04:21 AM

until recently, they wouldn't tell you the gender here either. for both my daughter and my son (2007 and 2010) I had to pay $140 for an elective gender ultrasound to find out what I was having. posted ALL over the hospital were signs that said "we do not look for the gender, don't ask. that's not why you're here"

keep your eyes peeled and hopefully you will be able to see what it is!