JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Doc called with lab results...*update post 33* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2636109-doc-called-lab-results-update-post-33-a.html)

misty3281 March 19th, 2013 03:52 PM

Doc called with lab results...*update post 33*

And it looks like it's preeclampsia. 24 hour urine protein was 397 and it should be under 300. I have to go in tomorrow for an ultrasound to check fluids and everything and discuss options. I'm just devestated. I lost over 60 lbs to become pregnant so I wouldn't have complications and I'm still having them. I just feel like I failed this baby already. I know there isn't anything I could have done about it, but it still just sucks. Anyone have any experience with preeclampsia?

Counting our Blessings March 19th, 2013 04:01 PM

Re: Doc called with lab results...

I'm sorry. I've never had it. I hope you get some answers and can keep baby baking a little longer. Hugs Hon.

Mrsbowbin March 19th, 2013 04:10 PM

I know where your coming from, I tried to get my body ready for this baby and I keep feel like in failing. Stay strong Momma, I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers and its always better to put a name to something if just to ease the uncertainty.

miss britt March 19th, 2013 04:38 PM

I'm so sorry! I had it with DS, but I didn't develop it until 39 weeks so they induced me that day. Don't beat yourself up, it's just something that happens, there isn't really anything you could have done to cause it.

When they induced me they hung a bag of magnesium sulfate, I think I had to be on it for 24 hours. It made me feel horrible, it was a relief when it was all done. Also when my son was born they monitored him for a day or so to make sure that his blood pressure stabilized normally, he was perfectly fine! I wish I could offer you more advice about dealing with it but labor is my only experience. But if you have any questions about how it makes labor different just ask!

rheaimedved March 19th, 2013 05:26 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this. I don't know much about it (aside from what I've read online), so I just hope it's not very severe and the rest of your pregnancy progresses smoothly. Please let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow and what you find out. And please stop beating yourself up.

ashj_1218 March 19th, 2013 05:41 PM

So sorry :( I don't know much about it, but I know there are some variables in treatment depending on how severe it is. Hopefully they can get it treated in a way that lets Avery cook for a good long while and come when she is ready. It is absolutely NOT your fault. You could be the healthiest person on the planet and still develop pregnancy complications. It's all how your body handles it and some, even the healthiest, just react in unpredictable ways. The same body even reacts differently to different babies. You are doing great :)

Liztastic March 19th, 2013 05:42 PM

I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I don't know much about it other then there is nothing that you would have done to cause it so don't beat yourself up about it. I'll be praying for you.

kary4 March 19th, 2013 06:49 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this, Misty. The good news is that they have fairly standard treatment protocols in place for this condition. My sister in law had it, pretty severe, and she made it to 37 weeks! How many weeks are you? I know it's hard, but try not to beat yourself up about it. It's not your fault and you can't do anything to prevent it. Sometimes it just happens.

NewlyMrs March 19th, 2013 06:50 PM

Sorry you are going through this. I agree with the others, don't beat yourself up! Hugs mama.

misty3281 March 19th, 2013 08:30 PM

I'm 33 weeks today. I know she'll be fine whenever she comes, and she's still beating me up nonstop in there. There's just so much unknown that it's killing me. I'll feel better after I talk to the doc tomorrow and get a game plan in place so I know what I'm dealing with. I'm an OCD control freak. All of this waiting around for answers is not something I'm good at.

aelfwynn_78 March 19th, 2013 09:41 PM

I'm lurking from the August DDC, but I wanted to also reassure you that the pre-e is not your fault. One of my best friends had it in her first pregnancy at 33 weeks, and she's always been naturally very slim and in great shape. Fortunately she and baby were just fine. :) You just have bad luck. Hope everything goes well for you!

Themrs0523 March 19th, 2013 11:43 PM

Praying for you! So sorry that you got bad news... Please keep us posted.

crunchywannabe March 20th, 2013 05:48 AM

Sorry to hear this. I'm sure it must be super scary. Hope things work out for ya! Keep us posted!

MrsLisaT March 20th, 2013 06:14 AM

I agree with the other ladies that you need to try to not blame yourself. You did everything you could to be healthy for your baby and that is more than a lot of mommies can say! Sometimes bad things happen for no apparent reason.

Being a FTM, I personally have no experience with pre-e but I know a woman who had her baby around 33 or 34 weeks because of it. Her baby was small of course and spent a few weeks in nicu but now he is a healthy 6 month old who is developmentally right on target. It's definitely scary, I know I would be a wreck if I thought my baby might have to be delivered this early, but it is not as bad as it might sound. And, hopefully the doctors will give you the best treatment they can and will be able to keep your baby in there as long as possible. Please keep us updated and I will keep you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers!!

jcperez March 20th, 2013 06:15 AM

Failed....NO WAY!!! It probably would have been so much worse had you not lost all that weight. I too am going in today for a sono. to check fluids and baby weight since I have had high blood pressure for half my life. Ive been through it with all my babies. Wost case senerio, they will induce you a little early like they are me. Im getting induced at 39 weeks because of the blood pressure. The good news is, its happening now to you instead of much earlier. Our babies are almost ready too come into the world anyway. It could have been so much worse where you are showing signs of toxemia in the first trimester, been on bed rest and risk loosing the baby so early. You and baby will be ok.

VirginiaGrl March 20th, 2013 06:26 AM

You didn't fail anyone! As previous posters said, every body reacts differently to pregnancy, you did nothing wrong. The good news is your doc caught it early it seems and they have a game plan for you, and that's great news. I've had several friends that have had it and their babies are healthy as can be (as are they). Keep your chin up, you're a great momma to be! :)

misty3281 March 20th, 2013 07:58 AM

Thank you very much for all of the support. My mom came over yesterday evening and helped me get me and Avery's bags packed for the hospital just in case. Going to go ahead and put them and the carseat in the car today when DH gets home from work. Naturally I couldn't sleep for anything last night. I'll update after the appt today on where we stand.

EverydayJoy March 20th, 2013 09:35 AM

I'm sorry this is going on for you! I totally understand the OCD thing, this pregnancy I have wanted everything to be predictable so I could plan for every eventuality. I would totally have done what you did and packed everything to be ready. Did it help a little to get that done?
With my little Kody having a kidney deal going on, it really threw me, even though it could be nothing, I was upset because I had to change where I was planning on delivering. Hey, no problem...the new hospital is only 15 miles away...better care...etc etc...but I still had to break down and cry about it because it messed up EVERYthing. The way I had everything laid out in my head and how it was going to go and all that. It's hard because being pregnant and delivering can feel like it's out of your control somewhat to begin with, and then you get thrown a curveball and you feel like you just can't handle it. I hope that after you talk to your doc you can make some firm plans and know what to expect from here. Good luck mama!

VirginiaGrl March 20th, 2013 11:35 AM

Hi, EverydayJoy! If you don't mind me asking (and you can totally not answer me), but what issue is Kody having with his kidney(s). Just asking as my nephew who is 10months old now had kidney issues and was curious if it was the same.

misty3281 March 20th, 2013 12:32 PM

Re: Doc called with lab results...*update post 20*

Well I'm being admitted for 24 hours for serial bp monitoring and steroids. See the MFM doctor in the morning for recommendations and will know more after that. My doc is pretty amazing though and even prayed for us before we left his office. Im still worried for obvious reasons, but I feel so much better knowing someone is doing something and slowly getting answers. Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and prayers. :)