JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Quick Update (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2644247-quick-update.html)

Liztastic April 18th, 2013 12:04 PM

Quick Update

So my hopes for a natural labor may not be possible, there's still some hope but I would most likely have to go into labor on my own before 39 weeks.

I started measuring ahead on my fundal height at 31 weeks by just a week. At my 33 week appointment they decided to do a growth scan. Baby girl was estimated at 5 lbs 14 oz at that point, which I know can be wrong, but it's still something the doctors really look at. At my 35 week appointment I was measuring 2 weeks ahead with coincides with the growth scan. Then at my appointment yesterday - 36 weeks- my fundal height is now measuring 3 weeks ahead at 39 weeks, I had sugar in my urine (two appointments in a row I guess now) and I've only had sugar in my urine one other time besides these and doctor did a feel around estimate and thinks baby is at least 7.5 lbs so I'll be having another growth scan next Tuesday, which I'm sure will put doctors in a frenzy - LOL and they will have me scheduled for induction at 39 weeks as this is what doctor was suggesting we do yesterday. Two good things are that Tilly has consistently passed her twice weekly NST's with flying colors and they will do a membrane sweep at 38 weeks. I've been bouncing on my exercise ball and drinking RRLT to help get my body ready and hopefully my 38 week sweep will put me into labor naturally. But if not I guess I'll be going in for an induction at 39 weeks.

kary4 April 18th, 2013 01:09 PM

Re: Quick Update

I'm not following...they would induce you because they are concerned she is too big? Usually they are wrong on the weights. I've had sugar in my urine at almost every visit, but then again, I don't have diabetes. Keep us posted!

Liztastic April 18th, 2013 01:21 PM

No, because I'm diabetic they will want to induce at 39 weeks, so far she hasn't shown that my sugars are causing her any stress, but the fact that she's measuring so far ahead and I'm diabetic they are going to most likely want to induce at 39 weeks as they did with my last DD. I also have a history of macrosomia, so while those scans can be wrong, I historically have bigger babies. I'm not just GD, I have diabetes and am insulin dependent during pregnancy.

Also sugar in your urine is not good on your kidneys. Have they said anything about that?

kary4 April 18th, 2013 01:37 PM

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

Usually I have just a trace amount of sugar in my urine. My OB said that can be because of what I eat for breakfast. I did pass the gestational diabetes screening.

Memi April 18th, 2013 02:48 PM

I really hope you get the natural birth you were hoping for. FX for you sweetie!

EverydayJoy April 18th, 2013 05:24 PM

I'm sorry your chances for natural are looking a little slimmer than you would like. I hope your little lady decides to come on her own before their cutoff date!