JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Tight as a clam! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2644264-tight-clam.html)

LolaBadola April 18th, 2013 01:06 PM

Tight as a clam!

I had an appt today and asked my ob to check my cervix. He said it was totally shut. Crap! I am so jealous of all you early-birthers... ;-)

TeeCee April 18th, 2013 01:38 PM

Re: Tight as a clam!

Awe
Do some walking
That helps get things started.

kary4 April 18th, 2013 01:40 PM

But it can change quickly! That's why I hate cervical checks - they cause women to feel disappointed! And they have not been shown to predict labor. A woman could be completely closed one day but go into labor the very next day.

rheaimedved April 18th, 2013 01:44 PM

what kary said is so true-- it's no indication of when labor will begin :)

try more sex, walks, and evening primrose oil, just in case ;)

LolaBadola April 18th, 2013 01:47 PM

Indeed I shall! Except the sex part...I doubt I can coerce DH into much of that at the moment. He has been so low-maintenance in that department this time around, unfortunately.

naplesmomma April 18th, 2013 02:07 PM

That's why the last month is the worst. We all get impatient but we all have between 2-4 weeks to go. Patience, the babies will come, that is for sure !!!

markswife April 18th, 2013 02:15 PM

I was completely closed at my last appointment with DD and had her three days later. I totally understand the disappointment but please know it doesn't mean squat about when you will go into labor.

LolaBadola April 18th, 2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naplesmomma (Post 27297456)
That's why the last month is the worst. We all get impatient but we all have between 2-4 weeks to go. Patience, the babies will come, that is for sure !!!

I know, it's so true. I was so antsy to have my daughter (she was a week late) that I eventually asked to be induced, which I WILL NOT be doing this time, unless it's absolutely necessary.

It's funny how excruciating the wait is at the end, but then once you have the baby you're like, Um, why did I rush this? I'm exhausted!

EverydayJoy April 18th, 2013 05:26 PM

I keep trying to tell myself that I should just enjoy the peace and quiet the last couple weeks here. Yeah, that's not working really, haha, I just want to meet this baby. Maybe it's an instinctual thing, to prepare us mentally for the challenges of childbirth? The more uncomfortable and ready you are to be done being pregnant, the less fear/anxiety about getting that baby out? *shrug*

kary4 April 18th, 2013 06:36 PM

Joy, I think you're right!