JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   3 cm today *updated* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2644321-3-cm-today-updated.html)

EverydayJoy April 18th, 2013 05:36 PM

3 cm today *updated*

...and about 50% effaced, she guesses. She said baby's head is still kind of high, so in order for any mild contractions to start doing anything, his head will need to come down. I'm thinking squats are in order! LOL C'mon baby, I'm ready for ya!

On a side note...I passed gas on the exam table...whoops lol! My doc was nonchalant about it though and was like "No big deal, it's just a part of pregnancy"...so that made it not too embarrassing. Hehe.

Tomorrow we get another detailed ultrasound of Kody's kidneys. Hope things are looking good with him.

Update: Kidneys are stable, still dilated but not any more than they were two weeks ago. So that's good news! Everything else looks good, Kody was practicing breathing, and his amniotic fluid levels were good.
Only thing was he flipped so he's sunny-side-up right now! I hope he turns back soon. Don't want back labor!

Liztastic April 18th, 2013 05:44 PM

Re: 3 cm today

lol at the gas, I would have been super embarrassed! sounds like you're getting close though! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

SunnyBunnyMama April 18th, 2013 05:53 PM

OMG! Hahahaha if I were you, I'd switch doctors.. would be way too embarrassed to see the same doctor again.

BUT yay for the 3 cm! Hope you'll get some good news tomorrow!

EverydayJoy April 18th, 2013 05:56 PM

I'm not sure why, but I wasn't super embarrassed about it...maybe because I am just big and tired and don't care anymore about my personal decorum...haha. Normally I would be mortified, so all I can figure is pregnancy is making me lazy in the self-restraint department. :giggle:

kary4 April 18th, 2013 06:29 PM

Aww, that is too funny. I've always worried about that! 3 cm sounds awesome!

Memi April 18th, 2013 07:37 PM

:rofl: Ohhh that's too funny!!!

TeeCee April 18th, 2013 08:18 PM

Nice progress!!!

Lmao!!!! I would have laughed non stop if I did tht

kurly April 18th, 2013 09:03 PM

Too funny!! I am always afraid of that! Congrats on the 3!

VirginiaGrl April 19th, 2013 05:06 AM

I'm so jealous you are dialated and effaced, I hope I'm something by Monday when I see my doc again:) LOL @ the passing gas part, at least your doc was all non chalant about it!

misty3281 April 19th, 2013 05:23 AM

Congrats on the progression! As for gas, as a nurse I can tell you it doesn't phase healthcare workers. I've been puked on, pooped on, farted on, and peed on. It's all just part of life when you're dealing with patients. Now let somebody do it at Walmart and I'll bust a gut laughing, but in the exam room is a whole different story.

ambee April 19th, 2013 05:41 AM

Hilarious! Ohmygosh. Made my whole day. Congrats on already being 3 cm!

jcperez April 19th, 2013 03:31 PM

Re: 3 cm today *updated*

Couldn't help but giggle at that one. Oh well, it happens I guess. Congrats on the 3 cm though. When I went yesterday I wasnt even 1 cm. The dr. said she could probably stretch me to 1 but didnt want to risk me going into labor with him being breech. She did say I was really soft though. Glad Cody is looking good.

Sorry....KODY. :smile:

SunnyBunnyMama April 19th, 2013 06:33 PM

I am sure this little monkey is swimming in your womb and is always thinking "Hmm.. how else can I bother mommy!?"

TeeCee April 19th, 2013 06:35 PM

Well that's great the baby is making good signs :)

I can't believe they are already practicing breathing.