JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Is there something you'd really like, but won't be buying? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2644638-there-something-youd-really-like-but-wont-buying.html)

crunchywannabe April 20th, 2013 10:05 AM

Is there something you'd really like, but won't be buying?

I would really like a big comfy rocking chair/glider for the nursery... I hate the look of typical $100-$300 gliders, but the chairs I love are closer to $1000-$1500... I'm not interested or really able to shell out that kind of cash for a chair right now, so I think we may forgo it all together. (or at least revisit it down the road)

Baby will be in our room for the first 3-6 months at least anyways, so most night time feedings etc will probably be in bed. And during the day we have a rocker recliner in our living room.

It's one of those things, I'd like, but just don't see how we are going to make it work right now, so it can be skipped.

Anything high on your "I want" list, that you probably just aren't getting?

mrsjl April 20th, 2013 10:24 AM

Re: Is there something you'd really like, but won't be buying?

I would love a glider, or a recliner.

EverydayJoy April 20th, 2013 10:26 AM

Something I wanted that is not on our do-able list, is an Angel Care monitor. It's probably about $100 and just not high enough on the financial totem pole to be something we're going to do. I'm probably going to buy a regular monitor (sound only) because our son lost the handset to his a few months back.

branbran543 April 20th, 2013 10:36 AM

I would say a rocker too. If we were planning more kids, I might consider it, but dh already got the big v so that is closed. I can't think of anything else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forum Runner

Sweet_Mama April 20th, 2013 10:40 AM

I'm a cheapo... I want a boppy but I am too cheap to spend 30 dollars on one or more with the slip covers

pressedfairie April 20th, 2013 11:33 AM

I'd love to get a double stroller, but I just can't justify the expense right now.

MrsNHigh April 20th, 2013 11:46 AM

I've bought or already had everything I want. I'm actually trying to keep it simple this time around.

LolaBadola April 20th, 2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Mama (Post 27301359)
I'm a cheapo... I want a boppy but I am too cheap to spend 30 dollars on one or more with the slip covers

You should look on Ebay! I bet you could find a cheaper one. I have sold a lot of DD's baby stuff for dirt cheap, just to get a little something for it.

I want a $200 diaper bag, but I have a very nice one already, so I'm trying to be sensible.

Themrs0523 April 20th, 2013 02:18 PM

Probably the things I am holding back on that I would "want" if we had the money to blow is boutique style clothes. I can't wait to dress her up but I know it is silly to spend 100s of dollars are clothes she will probably just be uncomfortable in.

I will splurge on a few outfits for pictures along the way:)

Erin80 April 20th, 2013 04:17 PM

I'd love a Woombie......but they don't have them here in Canada, and shipping to Canada is CRAZY expensive.....so one woombie would end up being over $50.....and that's newborn size only.

I found an alternative at babies r us here though, called a Swaddle Pod.....so I hope it works as well.

Skimboardin Mama April 20th, 2013 05:21 PM

I want a bigger car :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Mama (Post 27301359)

check out your local kids consignment stores! you'll probably get both for $15 at most.

EverydayJoy April 20th, 2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skimboardin Mama (Post 27301997)
I want a bigger car :)

:ditto:

SunnyBunnyMama April 20th, 2013 06:08 PM

Oh gosh, I am the cheapest person on earth... well, the poorest too. I literally did not buy anything for this baby. Was going to re-use my DD's clothes (most of which were gifts btw).

But I always stare at the rocking chairs wishing I can have one... I also want good nursing bras and one of those bras to pump. I also always wanted a jogger (now a double stroller jogger). What else? I like how lots of people invest in decorating a nursery and buying beautiful crib sheets/bedding and wall decals etc. But I can't spend on any of that. It would be awesome if I woke up one day and found all those at my doorstep lol

markswife April 20th, 2013 08:02 PM

probably one of the bras that you can pump in. I hate pumping with a passion and that would make it easier.

EverydayJoy April 20th, 2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBunnyMama (Post 27302077)
Oh gosh, I am the cheapest person on earth... well, the poorest too. I literally did not buy anything for this baby. Was going to re-use my DD's clothes (most of which were gifts btw).

But I always stare at the rocking chairs wishing I can have one... I also want good nursing bras and one of those bras to pump. I also always wanted a jogger (now a double stroller jogger). What else? I like how lots of people invest in decorating a nursery and buying beautiful crib sheets/bedding and wall decals etc. But I can't spend on any of that. It would be awesome if I woke up one day and found all those at my doorstep lol

I'm with you! I love the cute nursery decor but can't afford any of it.
With DS, the only thing I bought for him was one single newborn sweater. The rest of his stuff was given to us, including a whole bunch of diapers. We didn't have to buy diapers for months.