JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   I'm an idiot...... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2648943-im-idiot.html)

Elly M. May 7th, 2013 04:50 PM

I'm an idiot......

So I bought a pineapple, cut and ate the whole thing. Now my mouth is on fire and it hurts so bad. I am sucking on tums and drinking milk to try to calm the acid reaction down. The sad thing is, the only reason I bought and ate the pineapple is because everyone told me I couldn't. I keep hearing "you better not cheat and eat fresh pineapple to make that poor baby come out early!" Really?! I would have to eat cases of pineapple for the to be even a remote chance of starting labor. I just wanted to eat it because I am a be-otch lately and tired of people telling me what to do and how to do it. However, DH thinks it is hilarious, lol, so we are getting a good laugh out of it at least. He keeps saying he is going to really laugh at me if I go into labor tonight out of coincidence :rolleyes:

EverydayJoy May 7th, 2013 05:08 PM

Re: I'm an idiot......

Aw you poor thing! I feel for you. That sucks that you had such a reaction to it! Or maybe it was just the volume? I guess you must have needed the vitamin C but your poor mouth! I hope you feel better!
Hey and if you do go into labor, you don't have to worry about it, right?

TeeCee May 7th, 2013 05:23 PM

Awe shucks!!
Lol
Nice move

rheaimedved May 7th, 2013 06:04 PM

Oh geez. You totally deserved that hahaha.

Memi May 7th, 2013 06:15 PM

:rofl: I did this same thing when I was a few days before my EDD with DS. Everyone kept telling me to eat a pineapple so I tried my hardest to eat an entire pineapple and my mouth was sooooo sore from all the acid! My tongue felt like it was going to fall off. I'm sorry hun. ;)

4 boys May 7th, 2013 06:21 PM

:lol: I would have done the same thing.

mommaerin May 7th, 2013 06:26 PM

I did the same thing last week. It feels much better the next day, I promise :)

Elly M. May 7th, 2013 06:53 PM

Lol, it is already better but I did totally deserve that discomfort :) good thing is it was a really good pineapple, lol. However I don't think I will do that again...

SunnyBunnyMama May 7th, 2013 07:06 PM

Lol you just reminded me that I bought a pineapple two days ago and it's still sitting in the kitchen.

But wait- you're supposed to eat the entire thing? All at once?

Mrsbowbin May 7th, 2013 07:10 PM

Poor thing. Totally worth the try until the "side" effects come into play.

ashj_1218 May 8th, 2013 05:27 AM

Oh lord :( I am grateful for the warning. We have pineapple...but I am glad I did not try to eat the whole thing! I am fairly sure our babies are laughing at us ;)

rheaimedved May 8th, 2013 10:17 AM

so the theory with pineapple is that is has an enzyme called bromelain (you can just buy supplements of this...) that is supposed to help soften the cervix and start contractions. but i'm guessing it's in such small amounts that you'd have to eat massive quantities of pineapple (or just shove it right up there, which i do not advice, since it's so acidic). so, you know, eating an entire pineapple is an admirable effort, with hilarious consequences (for us.)

4 boys May 8th, 2013 10:50 AM

I've read somewhere that you'd have to eat something like 6 whole ones for it even to begin to have an effect. At least they taste good.

Elly M. May 8th, 2013 12:54 PM

Exactly :) which is why I mentioned I would have to eat cases of pineapple to even have a chance of something happening which is still unlikely, lol, it was just me being stubborn and spiteful towards everyone who has been on my case. It was my own little victory, lol, sad, I know :).

EverydayJoy May 8th, 2013 05:30 PM

Sounds like something I would do, kind of like "You can't tell me what to do!!!" lol. I'm very stubborn and often have to learn things the hard way rather than take someone's advice.

4 boys May 8th, 2013 08:36 PM

LOL :lol:

I love your attitude, Elly.