JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   uninsured (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2649423-uninsured.html)

MrsNHigh May 9th, 2013 02:45 PM

uninsured

So I found out today that I haven't had insurance since April 26. My husband just got out of the army but he thought he had 30 days to sign up with the reserves. Well, he didn't have 30 days, and I'm 36 weeks and 6 days pregnant and uninsured. It is an easy fix. He just has to go sign his reserves paperwork (why he hadn't done it before is a mystery).I'm so insanely angry that he didn't do what needed to be done to make sure everything was straight. I need to take my son to the clinic, but not today now. I've had two uninsured appointment. I could crap a brick right now!

kary4 May 9th, 2013 03:19 PM

Re: uninsured

Wow, I'd be furious. Insurance is so important! Thank goodness it's an easy fix.

KnJ'sMomma727 May 9th, 2013 03:19 PM

Ugh what a big stress! I hope you guys can figure it out soon! I'm probably going to be in the same situation soon too. Hubby's insurance through work becomes active June 1 and I'm afraid our state insurance will be cancelled some time next week.

Memi May 9th, 2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kary4 (Post 27352924)
Wow, I'd be furious. Insurance is so important! Thank goodness it's an easy fix.

:ditto:

MrsNHigh May 9th, 2013 03:53 PM

I'm in the clinic with my son right now about to pay full price for this visit. I hope my husband isnt home when I get there because I want to just cuss him out.

SunnyBunnyMama May 9th, 2013 04:00 PM

Ugh I feel for you! I've been uninsured since mid April. My new insurance coverage (after weeks of begging my school) will begin on Monday. So far I've been paying out of bucket (incl. for that freaking gbs test which apparently cost about $90!)

EverydayJoy May 9th, 2013 05:37 PM

Wow OMG. That's awful. Now after he fills out the paperwork, will you have insurance again? Or has it lapsed and now you're stuck?? I hope not. He better be bringing you a major peace offering if he doesn't want to see his butt on a platter tonight!

MrsNHigh May 9th, 2013 05:49 PM

Once the papers are signed I'm insured again. BUT it was closed today. I haven't said a word to him since we've been home. I don't think I'll speak to him again until I have insurance. I'm in our bedroom with my son who has strep and an ear infection...because that's how my life works. He keeps coming in and trying to make me be his friend. Cold shoulder. I don't want to really say how I feel because it'll hurt his soul.

SunnyBunnyMama May 9th, 2013 05:55 PM

I really believe it's a men thing.. sounds like something my husband and every other man in my family would do. Sorry about your son though :( hope he'll be feeling better soon

MrsNHigh May 9th, 2013 06:13 PM

Thanks. He asked me if I want to talk. Told him he really doesn't want to hear what I have to say, and I'll speak to him when I am insured again.

EverydayJoy May 9th, 2013 07:47 PM

Sounds about how I would handle it. I'm so sorry your little boy is so sick. That sucks a**.

MrsNHigh May 9th, 2013 08:16 PM

Yeah, I asked him about what he has to do and if he will take off from substituting tomorrow to get it taken care of, and he got short with me. I'm going to need him to get his life together because I cannot handle this.
My poor son is over here in a febrile sleep snoring like a man. He's so pathetic. When it rains, it pours.

EverydayJoy May 9th, 2013 08:30 PM

Your DH should absolutely take time off to get it done. His fault, his problem.

MrsNHigh May 9th, 2013 08:37 PM

We shall see. He's going to make some phone calls in the morning. I can't think about it anymore.

ashj_1218 May 9th, 2013 08:50 PM

^^You are right...you have much bigger things to think about. So sorry it happened and the timing was absolutely lousy!!

MrsNHigh May 9th, 2013 09:02 PM

I'm going to stress myself into labor if I keep thinking about it. It would SUCK to pay out of pocket for this, but we wouldn't end up on the streets. I just have to keep the faith that it'll be fixed tomorrow and if not, it'll be fixed by the time I go into labor.

Themrs0523 May 9th, 2013 09:47 PM

Maybe they will back date it for you. It's a long shot but at least worth asking about.

MrsNHigh May 9th, 2013 09:55 PM

not the military. no way no how.

kary4 May 10th, 2013 04:54 AM

Well he better take care of it tomorrow, seeing as how labor could be any day! Uh, the out of pocket costs would be insane!

markswife May 10th, 2013 07:20 AM

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this frustration. It is such a man thing to neglect something so important. I hope he fixes it quickly for your family. I wish men could multi-task better. DH and I would fight so much less if I didn't have to remind him 100 times when something important needs to be done.