JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   So much milk! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2657305-so-much-milk.html)

MrsNHigh June 9th, 2013 10:57 AM

So much milk!

I know this is probably an annoying complaint, but I am making sooooo much milk. I have to pump before and after he eats. I get 5oz from each side each time. By 11am today, Ive pumped 20oz! I have a full shelf in the freezer. Anyone else a milk maid?

misty3281 June 9th, 2013 01:40 PM

Re: So much milk!

I only wish I had that much. I have just enough for Avery and since I just found out I only have 4 more weeks to increase my milk supply I might be screwed as far as producing more goes. I suppose I could pump and dump until this thrush is gone so I can try to produce enough to feed and pump for work. I had it going good for a while and then stopped pumping so much and it leveled off.

MrsNHigh June 9th, 2013 02:15 PM

have you tried drinking Mother's Milk Tea? It really works well.

misty3281 June 9th, 2013 03:03 PM

Nope. Hadn't even heard of it until recently on here. Where do you get it?

Skimboardin Mama June 9th, 2013 05:17 PM

lol milk maid. not i! I wish so that I could have extra for work, school, and the gym.

Misty have you tried straight fenugreek? works in 24 hours. It is one of the main ingredients in mother's milk tea. you take 12 pills a day 4 pills 3x or 3 pills 4x. (your choice) and you only have to take it 2-3 days

MrsNHigh June 9th, 2013 07:10 PM

You can get tea at any health food store or vitamin store or GNC. It's about $5. Drink 3-5 cups a day, and you're set. I drank it the day we got home from the hospital, and my milk came in the next day with a vengeance...and it hasn't let up. I haven't had anymore either. Also, there's a new product called Milky made by Tia and Tamera Mowry (from Sister Sister) that basically makes the tea taste good and portable. It's sold at Motherhood stores.

LolaBadola June 9th, 2013 10:07 PM

Yes, I'm an overproducer too, and although it's a blessing on one hand, it's also a pain in the ***. I am constantly leaking and feeling full and could feed DS for a half hour or more and still be able to pump 8 oz. I have really tried to limit my pumping, though, which you might want to try, as well. It's tempting to pump to relieve the engorged feeling, but it's actually telling your body to produce more. If you let your supply adjust to what your baby drinks, it will start to level off and provide just the right amount. But yes, I've got an insane freezer stash already. So much that I don't even know where to store it. And I am already sick of people commenting on the size of my boobs, which are currently a G. I mean, I can't fit into any of my pre-preg clothes and it's because of them!

misty3281 June 10th, 2013 02:14 AM

I was a G before pregnancy so imagine the size now. I can't find a decent bra that keeps the girls in and comfortable. I'm falling out of the ones I have constantly having to readjust. I hate it.

jcperez June 10th, 2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsNHigh (Post 27434762)
You can get tea at any health food store or vitamin store or GNC. It's about $5. Drink 3-5 cups a day, and you're set. I drank it the day we got home from the hospital, and my milk came in the next day with a vengeance...and it hasn't let up. I haven't had anymore either. Also, there's a new product called Milky made by Tia and Tamera Mowry (from Sister Sister) that basically makes the tea taste good and portable. It's sold at Motherhood stores.

I bought it at Babies R us. It really does work. Give it a day though.

Sweet_Mama June 10th, 2013 08:32 AM

Its at Wal-Mart. I bought some the other day. And u ladies should sell your milk! I don't know where but I have heard u can sell it and make money lol. Liquid gold!

ashj_1218 June 10th, 2013 08:54 AM

I have always been an overproducer. Last time, I actually ended up tossing some frozen milk, since Kieran didnt need it (he wouldn't take it from a cup) and I couldn't donate it because of medication I take.

But I make an effort not to pump in the first three months. I don't want to tell my body to produce more milk than it already does. I live in a state of fullness, just bordering on engorgement, for the first three months. So I don't need any more added onto that! I leak constantly and it drives me mad! But around four months, I don't mind pumping here and there. I generally dislike it...since it makes me feel like a cow. Lol. But I'll stash away 100oz or so (not much more than that, unless we use it, so I hopefully don't have to throw any away this time!). I like to have it in case of an emergency (I need surgery, have to go away at last second, etc).

But yeah, I have no issues with producing milk. Unfortunately, I get mastitis a lot because of it, my breasts just don't ever empty and it can cause some issues. But I feel like I can deal with it, since underproducing is worse of a problem. My boobs are currently holding at Hs. I am actually pleased they are not bigger, given I am a G before pregnancy. Maybe I will get my wish and my boobs will shrink some after I am done nursing this time! I would love some average DDs!! Lol.

LabLover13 June 10th, 2013 09:08 AM

I just have to say I AM SO JEALOUS OF ALL OF YOU! I've been taking Fenugreek and Go-Lacta and eating oatmeal like it's going out of style, and the most I can get is about 4 ounces per pumping session. I'm EPing, though, so that might make a difference.

I don't know how long I can do this for...especially once DH goes back to work next week, and I don't have anyone to hold the baby while I'm pumping. Ugh.

LolaBadola June 10th, 2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misty3281 (Post 27435194)
I was a G before pregnancy so imagine the size now. I can't find a decent bra that keeps the girls in and comfortable. I'm falling out of the ones I have constantly having to readjust. I hate it.

Have you looked online? That's where I buy all of mine. They cost a lot, but so worth it. I totally feel your pain, sister. I cannot wait to get a breast reduction!!!