JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Random: What was your wedding song? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2658689-random-what-your-wedding-song.html)

ashj_1218 June 14th, 2013 08:14 PM

Random: What was your wedding song?

Just for fun :)

Mrsbowbin June 14th, 2013 08:18 PM

Re: Random: What was your wedding song?

Love this question!!
Ours was "You've made me so very happy" by Blood sweat and tears.
We still dance to it all the time....even if its just is singing it :-)

misty3281 June 14th, 2013 09:03 PM

Yeah so we got married outside at a park without electricity so we didn't really have music, much less a wedding song of our own.

kurly June 14th, 2013 09:38 PM

"Everything" by Michael Buble. It's our one year anniversary in 3 weeks :)

Shufu_in_Shunan June 14th, 2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misty3281 (Post 27449189)
Yeah so we got married outside at a park without electricity so we didn't really have music, much less a wedding song of our own.

So did we! We didn't want a big wedding, so we just had a very small gathering of our immediate family at a very pretty park. So no music...it was still nice, though. :)

Skimboardin Mama June 15th, 2013 01:55 AM

Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Memi June 15th, 2013 06:33 AM

We danced to "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley.

EverydayJoy June 15th, 2013 08:09 AM

We got married on December 18th, so we had Christmas music playing softly in the background. We had a small wedding too, just our close friends and family and it was at my mom's house.

markswife June 15th, 2013 08:26 AM

I was 31 and DH was 44 when we got married so our song was "At Last" by Etta James. Love that song!

NewlyMrs June 15th, 2013 09:24 AM

Here's video of our first dance!

Travis & Melissa Gamble First Dance - YouTube

rheaimedved June 15th, 2013 09:45 AM

we didn't have a wedding... but i'm sure there was some terrible russian pop playing in the waiting area of the "wedding palace" (the office where people get married. it's actually called that hahaah)

LabLover13 June 15th, 2013 10:27 AM

"When You Got a Good Thing" by Lady Antebellum. I hate the fact that it's grammatically incorrect (I'm a total nerd like that) but the song is sooo sweet. I totally cry when I hear it now.

EverydayJoy June 15th, 2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rheaimedved (Post 27449758)
we didn't have a wedding... but i'm sure there was some terrible russian pop playing in the waiting area of the "wedding palace" (the office where people get married. it's actually called that hahaah)

Hehe. Hey, you can't feel too bad saying you got married at the wedding palace! ;) Sounds very prestigious! Nicer than saying "we got married at the courthouse"!

ashj_1218 June 15th, 2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverydayJoy (Post 27449612)
We got married on December 18th, so we had Christmas music playing softly in the background. We had a small wedding too, just our close friends and family and it was at my mom's house.

Awesome day...if I do say so myself ;) (its my birthday!).

Ours was "Never Gonna Be Alone" by Nickleback. We celebrate 4 years this week, hence the question. We did a park wedding too...but ours had electric for a portable speaker system :)

MrsNHigh June 16th, 2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverydayJoy (Post 27450578)
Hehe. Hey, you can't feel too bad saying you got married at the wedding palace! ;) Sounds very prestigious! Nicer than saying "we got married at the courthouse"!

Hey! We got married at the courthouse!!! Lol!! No wedding song for us. We aren't about the fuss and muss of a wedding. I actually loathe weddings. It'll be 6 years at the end of the month! How time flies!

EverydayJoy June 16th, 2013 10:17 AM

No offense to you, Nichole! We had a person from the courthouse come to my mom's house to marry us, so pretty much the same thing except a little more planning involved! My mom made my wedding dress, too! It was a very simple wedding. A big one would have driven me nuts.

ashj_1218 June 16th, 2013 10:53 AM

My mom made my dress too! It ended up fitting horribly though because my boobs were growing so fast (I was preggo with Liam), she had to remove the lining in the top and it laid funny. Lol. I am not really into the big wedding scene either.

EverydayJoy June 16th, 2013 11:19 AM

That's funny about the top, Ashlee. Just blame it on the kid, hehe. They're good for it! ;)

Mrsbowbin June 16th, 2013 11:21 AM

I'd like to mention that all I ever dreamed of was a small private wedding...few close family members, my husband and I. What I got (my own fault) was 200+ people a 19 person wedding party with the church (beautiful) and a reception hall...the whole 9 yards!!! To this day I can't figure out how it all got so out of control but I loved every second of it.

Rhonda66 June 16th, 2013 12:07 PM

We had a really small wedding, mostly my family, about 40 people at the college I was at at the time. My parents did most of the wedding planning, they picked the food, the flowers, the music, pretty much everything lol. I just got a dress. I believe we danced to just one song - DH isn't too into dancing - and I can't remember what song it was, it wasn't something that meant anything to us. Our "song" is "Nothing Else Matters", when DH lost his original wedding ring while working in the yard, I got him a new one and had "Nothing Else Matters" engraved in it. I ended up finding the ring he lost with a metal detector I got like 2 years later lol. Together 17 years and married 12 in August.