JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Please don't be a fluke!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2658949-please-dont-fluke.html)

ashj_1218 June 16th, 2013 11:09 AM

Please don't be a fluke!!

Jo slept from 9:45pm-5am last night!!

We were at my moms and I nursed her before we left. She slept in the car seat on the way home, then I got her out and let her sleep on me while I got a few house things done/played online. I kept expecting her to wake up to eat, but finally decided to just put her in bed. I put her in her crib (next to our bed) at 12:30am. And she slept til 5am!!! I wish I had taken advantage and slept more myself, but I am still okay with my four hours and getting to sleep in this morning :)

(For those who want to hate me...I did "pay my dues." L didn't sleep thru the night til well after K came along and still doesn't always sleep thru. And K didn't sleep thru til 15 months! So that's about 3.25 years of not sleeping a full night...no more than 3-4 hours at a time. And by then I was 5 months pregnant with Jo ;)

I totally would love it if she is my "sleeper!!"

Mrsbowbin June 16th, 2013 11:15 AM

Re: Please don't be a fluke!!

Congrats Mommy!!! Hope the nice long stretch sticks around.

EverydayJoy June 16th, 2013 11:17 AM

Wow amazing!! Hope she keeps it up! You have definitely put in your time with the other two and deserve a break!

4 boys June 16th, 2013 11:51 AM

Awesome! Cadence slept 7 hours last night, too. Definitely not counting on it being a regular thing now but it was sooooo nice! :D

Memi June 16th, 2013 12:51 PM

OMG Roman slept last night from 10:00 pm - 5:30 am!! First time through the night. I was thinking the same thing this morning! I woke up at 5 and panicked, ran to check his breathing LOL....and then I ran as fast as I could to pump. Holy cow I was engorged!!!! I got the most ever--11 oz. in about 10 minutes! :jawdrop:
I'm sure we won't get that lucky again tonight but it sure was nice!! :D And my first wasn't a good sleeper either. I was lucky to get more than an hour's sleep at a time. So I know how that is. Not fun! So far Roman's been a saint only waking twice a night typically when compared to how his big brother was.

kary4 June 16th, 2013 01:01 PM

I hate you all!!! Lol.

EverydayJoy June 16th, 2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kary4 (Post 27451632)
I hate you all!!! Lol.

:ditto:

markswife June 16th, 2013 08:11 PM

There must have been something in the water last night! Caroline slept from 10:00 until 5:30. Like Memi said, holy engorgement batman. Caroline nursed and I still pumped off 7 ounces afterwards. I know it won't happen again for awhile but I loved every minute of it last night. Felt like a new woman today!

jcperez June 16th, 2013 08:25 PM

What!!!! That's just not fair!!!

kurly June 17th, 2013 08:27 PM

So Ashlee- was it a fluke? How has Jo been sleeping?

Erin80 June 18th, 2013 05:58 AM

Lucky you!!! That's awesome! How did she do last night?

Lilah sleeps a long stretch from about 8:30 or 9 until about 1-2am. Then she's up at 5 for a bottle. Then she either stays up, or else she goes back to sleep until 8ish.

LabLover13 June 18th, 2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin80 (Post 27456321)
Lucky you!!! That's awesome! How did she do last night?

Lilah sleeps a long stretch from about 8:30 or 9 until about 1-2am. Then she's up at 5 for a bottle. Then she either stays up, or else she goes back to sleep until 8ish.

Claire and Lilah are on the same schedule, it seems. At least, some nights. Last night was excellent...the night before, not so much.

kurly June 18th, 2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabLover13 (Post 27456861)
Claire and Lilah are on the same schedule, it seems. At least, some nights. Last night was excellent...the night before, not so much.

Too funny! That's Wyatt's schedule as well!!

ashj_1218 June 18th, 2013 12:12 PM

Wow. Lots of babies giving good stretches in here.

The second night, she was back on her normal 2 hour waking schedule. But then last night she slept from 9:30-11, woke and fell right back out when I put her on my chest (and she burped, so it was a bubble), and then slept until 2:30. So a good five hours again, without nursing.

So it's obviously not gonna be a true trend. But I gotta say...I would be happy with 4 hour stretches at this point, so five or more is like complete spoilage to me. My boys were lucky to be sleeping 2 hours at this stage. So I feel amazingly rested.