JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   What does your LO wear? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2659467-what-does-your-lo-wear.html)

Erin80 June 18th, 2013 04:53 AM

What does your LO wear?

What is your LO usually wearing?

It's so funny - with my first and second daughters, they were always dressed in the morning into a cute comfy outfit. Lilah though, spends pretty much every day in a sleeper. Between getting my oldest to school, and the weather being cooler than normal for this time of year (I got rid of all my newborn sized cool weather clothes because I figured it would be warm by the time Lilah was born....but it has been nothing but cool!), and then also chasing after my 2 year old, I just don't have the time or the motivation to dress her every day. I think if it was hot out I would, because I have lots of adorable 3 month sized summer clothes, but since it's cool.....sleepers it is.

Memi June 18th, 2013 05:11 AM

Lately hes always in a onesie unless were going somewhere like out to eat dinner or church. Its pretty hot here right now.

Mrsbowbin June 18th, 2013 07:06 AM

Re: What does your LO wear?

Erin same here, it's been pretty mild here so he's been in sleep n plays mostly. I have him in outfits usually when we go anywhere.

EverydayJoy June 18th, 2013 07:11 AM

With Ethan, I used to dress him in day clothes for the day, then jammies for night, but with Kody, it's sleepers all day long here too, lol. I do try to get him fresh clothes at least every other day (if he doesn't spit up on them before that).

misty3281 June 18th, 2013 07:28 AM

I get Avery dressed up if we go somewhere but just around the house it's sleepers at night and onesies during the day. With the heat index here it's been upper 90's to low 100's during the day. No sense making her miserable just to sit around at home.

kary4 June 18th, 2013 07:36 AM

I have cute one piece comfy rompers from babygap and Carter's, a handful of onesies that I pair with soft shorts from babygap, and a couple of nicer, dressier rompers/bubbles. I just mix it up every day. It's hot here.

At night it's hot in our room, so I mostly do a short sleeve onesie and her swaddle blanket.

markswife June 18th, 2013 07:45 AM

Caroline does mostly onesies with socks. It's starting to get hot here too. I'll dress her up a little more if we are going out somewhere. I hate to have her spit up on a nice outfit but also hate to have her not wear an outfit at least once. They grow out of things so quickly at this age that it's hard to keep up.

LabLover13 June 18th, 2013 08:09 AM

Short-sleeved onesies, all the live-long day. It's because we swaddle her a lot, and I don't want her to be overheated (it's been in the upper 70s lately, and we don't have air conditioning).

If we go somewhere public I try to step up our game, but I'm usually in pajama pants all day, and Claire is in a onesie (that she normally craps through, so we go through a lot of onesies!)

EverydayJoy June 18th, 2013 08:39 AM

Hey LabLover, do you happen to have a stain-lifter that works on poop stains? I haven't ever really figured out how to get those out, and wondered if you knew.

ashj_1218 June 18th, 2013 11:07 AM

She wears either a one-piece dress romper or romper (Carter's usually) or a two-piece top and shorts/capris/pants set. It's pretty humid here lately, so the tank-rompers are good.

I try to avoid onesies and sleepers because they really don't fit her well. She needs length, but they are all so baggy they look uncomfortable (particularly the sleepers, the onesies just look silly because the leg holes are so big and you can see up above her diaper line). But I am sure if they fit her, I would put her in them more.

MrsNHigh June 18th, 2013 11:08 AM

Onesies and sleepers and the occasional outfit of a onesie and pants or shorts. It was 104 here yesterday...

4 boys June 18th, 2013 11:09 AM

Cadence is in sleepers pretty much all the time. They're easy and comfy.

rheaimedved June 18th, 2013 12:46 PM

Joy, I've heard really good things about the Oxyclean Baby stain remover. The internet says good things about the original Dawn dish soap. For my diapers I just put them out on the line in the sun for an hour or two but I'm not sure if that is as effective with non-white material. I love spray and wash for regular stains but fine it does NOTHING for me regarding poop stains, so I don't recommend that.

Baby M is in a t-shirt, socks, and (cloth) diapers most of the time. Ok, pretty much all of the time. Sometimes we put pants on him (rarely). We change the shirt about once a day (usually because he spits up or pees on it). I'd like to put him in onesies but the 3 month ones aren't long enough and I haven't bothered to check if we have any 6-month ones.

LabLover13 June 18th, 2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverydayJoy (Post 27457052)
Hey LabLover, do you happen to have a stain-lifter that works on poop stains? I haven't ever really figured out how to get those out, and wondered if you knew.

We've had decent luck with just regular laundry detergent on the "baby clothes" cycle. Basically, it's just extra hot wash with a cold rinse.

Although I did pull one out of the dryer today that was stained yellow (gotta love those BM mustard poops!). I'm going to try washing it again, but it may be lost for good.

jcperez June 19th, 2013 10:18 AM

During day if Im home Remy is in a onesie when its hot and a sleeper if its chilly. Lately, it hot. When we go out its a cute romper or short set from Carters usually. At night its cold in my room with the AC on so I bundle him in a warm sleep sack and sometimes hat and mittens....I cant sleep when its warm.