JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Swing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2667944-swing.html)

EverydayJoy July 25th, 2013 05:09 PM

Swing

Kody likes his swing now! I am so glad. He just fell asleep in it today. First time ever! I'm relieved because he has been extra cranky today (could be the pizza I ate for dinner yesterday).

LabLover13 July 25th, 2013 05:30 PM

Re: Swing

Aw yay! Claire doesn't ever fall asleep in the swing (we have to rock/bounce her to sleep) but she loves to coo up at the birdies on the mobile. It's so stinking cute.

How good was the pizza though? Totes worth it I bet!

EverydayJoy July 25th, 2013 05:40 PM

Haha I think it was worth it! He's not too bad today. So yeah, I think worth it! lol.

Mrsbowbin July 25th, 2013 07:08 PM

The first three weeks Brock loved that swing...now of he even sees hit he cries, going to try again because that **** thing was expensive.

ashj_1218 July 25th, 2013 07:24 PM

I love babies who love their swings ;)

Jo actually likes hers. She has napped in it three or four times (for a significant amount of time) and sometimes will just chill in there and check out the lambs over her head. Both boys hated it with a passion I never quite understood. I was a bit irritated. About $140 worth of irritated! Lol.

Glad he likes it now and you might get a little break!

misty3281 July 25th, 2013 07:34 PM

Avery likes her swing too, but she won't sleep in it. She has only ever fallen asleep in it once when she was about 4 weeks. She'll stay in it long enough for me to get stuff done in the mornings though so it's nice. I wish she'd fall asleep in it again. However she now believes her royal highness should be held and rocked at any point that sleep might happen. Apparently she's too good to just fall asleep on her own.

Memi July 25th, 2013 07:48 PM

Oh Roman loooves his swing! He frequently sleeps in it during the day and has started to love the mobile up top when hes awake.

SunnyBunnyMama July 25th, 2013 09:21 PM

Hmm.. I can't afford a swing unfortunately but I did get a bouncing chair that vibrates and plays music as a gift when I had dd and I am using it now. Baby likes it but never sleeps in it on his own.

Mmm pizza.. Sounds good now ( never was a fan haha)

Skimboardin Mama July 25th, 2013 09:41 PM

Koa loves his too! He naps in it once a day! such a lifesaver

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBunnyMama (Post 27542589)
Hmm.. I can't afford a swing unfortunately but I did get a bouncing chair that vibrates and plays music as a gift when I had dd and I am using it now. Baby likes it but never sleeps in it on his own.

Mmm pizza.. Sounds good now ( never was a fan haha)

do you have any consignment stores in your area? ours sell gently used ones for great prices!

realmom July 26th, 2013 06:00 AM

Haven't really used mine because I didn't think it would work but this thread inspired me and I just got him to take an hourlong nap in his swing!!!!!! Yay!!!!!

SunnyBunnyMama July 26th, 2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skimboardin Mama (Post 27542618)
Koa loves his too! He naps in it once a day! such a lifesaver

do you have any consignment stores in your area? ours sell gently used ones for great prices!

I haven't really looked around. Lack of money aside, we have a small apt and its already filled with dd toys and stuff.. So space is another issue.

rheaimedved July 26th, 2013 07:57 AM

misha hates his swing! glad i bought it used. at best he'll tolerate it, but it doesn't usually last long. fortunately he still naps for huge portions of the day, so it isn't critical to have a swing he loves.

EverydayJoy July 26th, 2013 08:15 AM

realmom---Yay I'm so glad!

Rhea---hang on to it! He may change his mind later! Kody hated his for awhile too. I got lucky that he likes it now. He used to hate his bouncy chair, too, but is starting to like that as well.

Ryan and Alex's Mommy July 30th, 2013 12:20 AM

That's great! Sera just started to like her swing too! She fell asleep in it for 3 hours after putting her in it for the first time since birth. I was so happy that she finally liked it!