JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Eating less during the day? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2668495-eating-less-during-day.html)

kary4 July 28th, 2013 04:17 PM

Eating less during the day?

Hi all,

It seems lately Lexi is feeding less during the day than she used to, and she doesn't seem as eager at the breast. She'll be 3 months old next Friday. For example, this morning she fed at 9:00 am, then took a killer nap from 10:30-1:45 pm. She fed when she woke up. That's almost 5 hrs in between feeds! Is that normal? She's also constantly gnawing on her hands and fingers now, too, as well as drooling like crazy.

misty3281 July 28th, 2013 04:51 PM

Re: Eating less during the day?

Avery does the hand gnawing and drooling as well. I call it slobberfest 2013. She soaks my shirts if I'm holding her. As soon as she comes off the breast she'll put her hand in her mouth and go to town sucking. Everything I've read says that's pretty normal for 3 months. She usually eats every 2 -3 hours during the day now, but she will on occasion take a 3-4 hr nap and just eat when she wakes up. They're stomachs are bigger now so they can go longer between feedings. As long as she is content and gaining weight I wouldn't worry too much about it. Enjoy the longer stretches!

ashj_1218 July 28th, 2013 09:48 PM

I think misty nailed it. Stomachs get bigger and as long as baby is growing, it's all good. Jo is a snacker, so we don't get long stretches yet. But it's coming I'm sure.

And Jo also chews and slobbers a lot now. She loves gumming her fists and fingers. Such a fun new toy! Lol.

EverydayJoy July 29th, 2013 12:39 AM

We don't get long stretches here yet either, but I agree with the bigger stomach thought. Sounds right to me! Kody still eats almost every hour to two hours during the day. He's a snacker too though. He is often only at the breast for 5 minutes each time he eats.

realmom July 29th, 2013 01:02 AM

My LO has also started going longer between feeds. Was going about three hours and now is pushing to four most of the day. Going for. Weigh on Wednesday so hoping h has been putting on enough weight! Absolutely with you on the drooling and hand sucking. Normal for this ag apparently and not a sign of hunger! Wish I was getting the long naps though..... Still missing those!

jcperez July 29th, 2013 05:47 AM

Remy too is going longer during the day. He use to snack a lot now he has a meal..lol. He also always has his hands and fingers in his mouth and drooling like crazy. Teeth already?

Erin80 July 29th, 2013 06:43 AM

Lilah does the long stretches during the day sometimes. She'll nap for long periods and go 4-5 hrs sometimes between feeds. She eats in the night around 2am, then she usually doesn't really want to eat again until after her first morning nap - so around 9am! Sometimes she'll have a bottle at 5am, but some days she just doesn't want it.