JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Speaking of pregnant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2673258-speaking-pregnant.html)

TeeCee August 18th, 2013 11:49 PM

Speaking of pregnant

Congrats Josie!! How exciting!

Well I know my Mason is 3 months now. What a joyful experience. I adore him so much.

I never thought of children or even a child before. Not did I want to plan them lol. But now that I have a son, I kinda want him to have a sibling. Actually I do want him to have a sibling. I wanted to see how you ladies planned a second baby. I don't want my kids years apart.
My life seems stable. Work and my two guys. Isaiah has truly stepped up! He's working part time and watches Mason while I'm working on his days off. He's supportive. And lately has been the guy I only dreamed of. We are still planning on things but we both know that there will be a sibling for Mason. Just don't know when.

Advice? Second baby?

Skimboardin Mama August 19th, 2013 08:18 PM

Re: Speaking of pregnant

We always knew we wanted 2 and planned to have Koa at the time we did so we could enjoy Kali and have both our kids at DHs college graduation. I want to know how people decide if they want more than 2. I just don't feel done yet

EverydayJoy August 19th, 2013 10:03 PM

My advice would be give Isaiah time to prove himself over a longer period. Make sure he doesn't fall apart in a crisis. And let him show you he is the man he makes himself out to be.
I liked having my kids 3 years apart, I thought I wanted them closer but it's been so nice with Ethan being potty trained and able to do stuff like get his own drink out of the fridge, or get his own snack out of the cupboard, get diapers for Kody or wipes, etc. And he can help Kody in the backseat of the car by giving him a bottle or a binkie. But you do what seems best! Some women like having them closer---my sis and I were 17 months apart and we were best friends growing up (we're still very close).

JandJC August 20th, 2013 06:49 AM

Thank you! I think one of you should get knocked up so I can know another preggers :) That is kinda selfish though! LOL

misty3281 August 20th, 2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JandJC (Post 27599381)
Thank you! I think one of you should get knocked up so I can know another preggers :) That is kinda selfish though! LOL

Well I stopped my BC and we decided whatever happens happens since I'm not getting any younger. Hopefully soon I'll be knocked up with you. :)

EverydayJoy August 20th, 2013 08:49 AM

Wow Misty!
Personally I couldn't imagine having another one so soon, but at the same time, I've never had an easy baby. Ethan's first year was awful and Kody has been challenging. So that colors my perspective. But I wish you well on TTC #2!

misty3281 August 20th, 2013 09:03 AM

Thanks. I keep going back and forth on whether I want another baby right now but really I want to be done by 35 which only leaves 3 years. My sisters are 14 months apart and were always really close growing up. I want her to be able to have that. I might be in here crying after I do it but it will be too late then. lol Besides as hard as it could potentially be I just tell myself it only lasts a little while and they grow up. These babies are already growing too fast for me. :/

EverydayJoy August 20th, 2013 09:34 AM

Yeah as far as babies are concerned, the younger you are, the better as far as being up for the challenge of chasing them around. It's probably the best idea to go for it now while you can!

Erin80 August 20th, 2013 09:57 AM

As far as #2 goes, I knew we wanted more than 1 for sure, and I knew we wanted them just over 2 years apart, so the decision was easy. We TTC when Lexy turned 19 months and got pregnant first try. After we had Julianna, I knew I wanted one more and so did DH. We wanted the same gap, so again we TTC when Julianna was 18 months, and again got pregnant first try. Now that I have my three, I feel done. I know my sanity coudln't handle anymore, and I'm ready to move past the baby phase. If you don't feel done, you probably aren't. Once you're done, you just know.

4 boys August 20th, 2013 10:46 AM

Here is my advice after having 5 kids and not really planning on that many :):

Wait until your baby is about a year old and see how you feel about things then. Of course, if you are sure you want another baby, you don't have to wait that long, but if you are unsure, give it until a year. The first year with a baby is always the hardest and once you are past that, you can think a little more clearly, IMO!

As far as being done, I say wait a year or two before deciding that as well. It took me almost 4.5 years to feel really done after having our 4th (and then I was pregnant again).

Don't rush into being "done". Take each child one at a time and see how you feel in a year.

SunnyBunnyMama August 20th, 2013 12:15 PM

My babies are twenty months apart. If I was certain that I can physically, emotionally and mentally handle it, I'd be trying again now. But living in a reign country and raising two by myself is driving me nuts.

The only thing with my dd for instance is I wish I have more time for her. I am neglecting her a lot so that I can take care of her brother. She hates it, she hates him. She cries every time I hold him. She's driving me nuts and is doing everything she knows she shouldn't do... Only to make me angry. But I don't regret at all having a second baby so close. In all honesty I even wanted them closer. I got pregnant when she was 11 months old, but I was trying much before that (couldn't conceive bc I was breastfeeding).

Definitely take Joy's advice. Wait and don't rush. Make sure your man is all grown up and is up for the challenge before you have another child.

Mrsbowbin August 20th, 2013 12:30 PM

I think to some degree this might be a case of baby high. I'm 33 and can't wait until we can try again because my clock is ticking. While my pregnancy had some craziness my son is really "easy" but I know that's not just going to happen with the next one. My advice is to enjoy every moment with your beautiful little man and finish up the things your working on to make both of your lives richer. You are lucky to have youth on your side.... Carpe Deim!

JandJC August 20th, 2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misty3281 (Post 27599398)
Well I stopped my BC and we decided whatever happens happens since I'm not getting any younger. Hopefully soon I'll be knocked up with you. :)

wooo hoo! Good Luck!

Personally, I was not on BC and we had "one time" where we got caught up in the moment. That one time resulted in this pregnancy. When I was talking to my Grandma and told her the news she asked "were you trying"? And I said, no definitely not! And she responded with "Well you obviously weren't NOT trying"....I really had nothing I could say to that. I know this sounds dumb, but I never really thought of it that way.

Memi August 20th, 2013 01:03 PM

Great advice 4 boys!!

I knew I wanted at least two children and always awanted them close to 3 years apart. I honestly dont feel done yet but think id like 3-4 year spacing for a possible future baby. I like the close to 3 year gap bc the yoingest kid at that time is old enough to be somewhat independent for a while but. Young enough to really grow up with their sibling.

jl046100 August 20th, 2013 03:17 PM

Personally I wouldn't have waited 6 yrs to have another baby it's just the way it worked out it took us a while to get a place together and when we did start trying it took a year to get pregnant but I'm 32 so not getting any younger as of now I'm not on bc and I'm not sure if we're ttc or not but u have time on ur side enjoy mason the now and make sure his dad is going to carry on being there for the long term x

TeeCee August 20th, 2013 10:26 PM

Wonderful advice and it seems like 3 years is a perfect spand. That's how I seemed to have wanted my kids to be apart. I only want two kids and I'm done with my first.

I found out last week I was up for an amazing job only a few mins away from home. It's part time but double the pay I'm getting as a full time worker. I went for an interview on Thursday last week. Did my drug test and my background check. I'm proud to say I start my orientation tomorrow and ill find out my work schedule. Double the pay for half the time? I think that's a win!!! Which means more Mason time and I won't have to worry about not making enough money for us.
Finishing school while pregnant was the best thing I ever did. I feel really relaxed. Knowing I can get my son what he needs and ill be able to spend more time with him.

So as far as another baby... Not a chance for a few more years :)

EverydayJoy August 20th, 2013 10:39 PM

Wow congrats on the new job! That's so awesome! I hope it goes really great for you. You worked hard to make this happen. You should be proud!

kary4 August 21st, 2013 06:40 AM

Congrats on the new job! Yes, finishing school was a smart decision!

Memi August 21st, 2013 07:42 AM

Congrats on the job. Sounds perfect!!!!