JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Fall clothes! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2675868-fall-clothes.html)

ashj_1218 August 31st, 2013 12:28 PM

Fall clothes!

Tomorrow is September!! So fall is right around the corner.

Do your babies have a fall/cold weather wardrobe?

If not, when are you shopping?

What size are you anticipating your baby will wear in the cooler weather?

What are you doing with the outgrown summer clothes? (Keep, sell, donate, pass to friends/family)

:)

EverydayJoy August 31st, 2013 02:29 PM

Re: Fall clothes!

It's weird, I have a bunch of 9 months size clothes from Ethan, but only 2 or 3 six months outfits. So we'll have to go buy some. I'll probably buy second hand because I can't afford to buy everything he needs for the next 3 months. Can't believe he's already into 6 months size! He's outgrowing everything.

crunchywannabe August 31st, 2013 02:34 PM

We have more than enough clothing for Arthur from now until 18 months roughly... He and my nephew were opposite seasons, but apparently they dressed him for cold weather in the summer, because everything we have handed down from him should work for Arthur this winter! We are short on 3-6 and 6 mo sleepers, but when I started digging through them I found we have at least 10, which is really more than enough... it's amazing how much stuff this little boy has been given!

SunnyBunnyMama August 31st, 2013 03:12 PM

I bought a bunch of second hand clothes good for 12 months. My son is in 6-9 months now so I have plenty of summer and warm clothes. Will buy maybe two jackets.. but if I find other good deals on second hand clothes, I'd buy more.

Oh and I am keeping all the outgrown clothes. I kept all his sister's too. I do want more kids two or three years from now.

Erin80 August 31st, 2013 04:26 PM

I have started shopping for her. You'd think that after 2 other girls, I wouldn't need clothes, but the seasons aren't matching up, and/or a lot of the clothes were stained after being through 2 other girls, so they got thrown out.
I am buying sizes 9 and 12 months for the cooler weather, since she's wearing 6 month stuff now. I am all about onesie and pant sets. I am IN LOVE with onesies because I hate how shirts ride up and you have to keep pulling them down. Onesies are the best!

All the stuff she's outgrown ( :( ) are going to be sold. She's our last baby. So sad to put those tiny clothes away forever.

ashj_1218 August 31st, 2013 06:42 PM

We have clothes for Jo for cooler weather. My mom assisted with that a lot :P She loves to shop (she also bought the boys a ton this year!). So no shopping trips for us!

We have 3-6, 6, and 6-9 for fall weather. I think we guessed well, but might end up needing some 12s by the end of winter.

Ours are being saved in the attic. I need to weed out the boys for the ones that are stained or not favorites. But we do want one more. Then it will probably go to my brothers when they have kids.

kary4 August 31st, 2013 08:01 PM

I just bought a bunch of stuff for Lexi's fall wardrobe, mostly from baby gap and all on sale. I got all 3-6 month stuff. She is just starting to outgrow her 3 month summer clothes, so it's perfect timing. I'm really excited about her new clothes!

I also bought a bunch of microfleece sleepers on sale from Carter's - I got those in 9 month size.

rheaimedved August 31st, 2013 08:43 PM

I live in San Diego, so the weather change is mild enough to not warrant a new wardrobe. Plus, that's not a thing I do anyway. It seems like we're set for clothes up until about the 1 year sizes... which, frankly, at 20 pounds, he is rapidly approaching.