JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Moms of girls (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2680087-moms-girls.html)

misty3281 September 19th, 2013 05:05 PM

Moms of girls

Do you do bows/headbands? I admit I have a minor bow addiction. This is our collection so far.

http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...ca4d490e81.jpg

Also I found this awesome site with tons of stuff at really good prices.
Ema Jane Baby Hair Accessories and Clothing | Vintage, Chiffon, Boutique, Bows, Flowers, Clips, Leg Warmers, Hats

Now I just gotta find somewhere selling headbands to put the bows on. haha

LabLover13 September 19th, 2013 05:27 PM

Re: Moms of girls

Holy smokes lady! That's a lotta bows!

I can honestly say that I've only put a headband on Claire once. It was super cute, but she normally just hangs out in a onesie and that feels like "dressing up". Ha. I'm so freaking lazy.

Shufu_in_Shunan September 19th, 2013 06:24 PM

I wish! I haven't been able to find any headbands for babies for sale here. Maybe I'll try to find some when I visit the States. That website looks cute, but it says they don't ship here. :( Your collection of bows is cute. :)

misty3281 September 19th, 2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shufu_in_Shunan (Post 27667129)
I wish! I haven't been able to find any headbands for babies for sale here. Maybe I'll try to find some when I visit the States. That website looks cute, but it says they don't ship here. :( Your collection of bows is cute. :)

When my brother was in Afghanistan and couldn't have stuff shipped to him he would have it sent to me and then I would send it on to him. I bet your family would accept a package and send it to you. The kicker would be if it's worth it having to ship it to too places. Might make it a little pricey.

Shufu_in_Shunan September 19th, 2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misty3281 (Post 27667227)
When my brother was in Afghanistan and couldn't have stuff shipped to him he would have it sent to me and then I would send it on to him. I bet your family would accept a package and send it to you. The kicker would be if it's worth it having to ship it to too places. Might make it a little pricey.

Yeah...my mom has sent me two packages while I've been here and it's soooo expensive. She spent like $75 on a small box of clothes, so I try to get things from Japanese sites as often as I can. :S

misty3281 September 19th, 2013 08:35 PM

$75????? That's insane. I always use the flat rate postal boxes. They saved me a ton.

ashj_1218 September 19th, 2013 09:00 PM

We have quite a headband collection. Jo wears one about 2-3 times a week. I try to put one on her when I go out. But we haven't started on bows yet. Our headbands are one-piece, without the removable part. Me and mom made a bunch a while back :)

mrsjl September 20th, 2013 04:32 AM

bows and headbands became really popular a year or two after my daughter was born, so she never wore them. I put a little one on her for a picture once. I wonder if I can dig it up... man, I sound old. am I old? :P

lovingmyfamily8 September 20th, 2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shufu_in_Shunan (Post 27667338)
Yeah...my mom has sent me two packages while I've been here and it's soooo expensive. She spent like $75 on a small box of clothes, so I try to get things from Japanese sites as often as I can. :S

Not sure what part of Japan you live in but when we lived there I found tons of cute bows at the yen store. I would also go to the fabric store and make my own. It is very easy. Also I found a few cute ones at Toys r us. There was a baby store that carried bows. We called it the bunny store because the logo was a bunny.

Shufu_in_Shunan September 20th, 2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingmyfamily8 (Post 27668244)
Not sure what part of Japan you live in but when we lived there I found tons of cute bows at the yen store. I would also go to the fabric store and make my own. It is very easy. Also I found a few cute ones at Toys r us. There was a baby store that carried bows. We called it the bunny store because the logo was a bunny.

Lol I know exactly what you're talking about when you say "the bunny store." We do have one of those here (Nishimatsuya is the name) and I did see some bows, but not with headbands. I have thought about making them myself, but I guess I'm lazy and was just looking for an easier way, heh. I didn't think about looking at the 100 yen store for bows! If I do decide to make my own headbands, I'll definitely have to check that out!

lovingmyfamily8 September 20th, 2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shufu_in_Shunan (Post 27668340)
Lol I know exactly what you're talking about when you say "the bunny store." We do have one of those here (Nishimatsuya is the name) and I did see some bows, but not with headbands. I have thought about making them myself, but I guess I'm lazy and was just looking for an easier way, heh. I didn't think about looking at the 100 yen store for bows! If I do decide to make my own headbands, I'll definitely have to check that out!

i bought tons of hello kitty bows and clips from the yen store. I miss Japan so much. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Skimboardin Mama September 21st, 2013 09:19 AM

we have a ginormous collection and DD still at 3.5 doesn't go anywhere without some kind of hair accessory. I had to take up making them to cover my addiction! You should learn misty!

kary4 September 21st, 2013 01:11 PM

I guess I'm in the lazy camp. I have two headbands that I bought - I ended up returning one bc it was too large when she was a newborn. She has yet to wear the second one. I thought I would go wild with them, but it turned out I was too worried about her head being too soft I guess :)

MrsLisaT September 22nd, 2013 01:24 PM

I love headbands! I've been crocheting some for Anna. It is so much fun. I've thought about learning to make the ribbon ones but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Here is a pic of Anna wearing one that I crocheted.

http://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...5c36645e83.jpg

kary4 September 22nd, 2013 10:43 PM

Wow, Anna is gorgeous! I love the headband!

EverydayJoy September 23rd, 2013 08:21 AM

That is so cute, Lisa!