JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Kody is a rolling pro now! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2681397-kody-rolling-pro-now.html)

EverydayJoy September 25th, 2013 01:10 PM

Kody is a rolling pro now!

Kody can now roll quite easily from back to tummy, he just recently figured that one out and does it every time I set him down. Problem is, he wants to go somewhere, and then when he realizes he's stuck on his tummy, he starts to scream.
Erin, didn't you say Lilah did that?

We're still trying to nail down his reflux. It's a lot better, but then he has bad days like today where I have to walk the halls bouncing up and down to get him to eat for some of his feeds. He's still feeding well overall though so it makes me happy. But the medication gives him green, mucousy poops so I worry that it's bothering his gut. Catch 22.
I joined a reflux group on BabyCenter (because the JM one is dead) so I've been spending my free time there. Hope y'all don't mind, just trying to get some answers for my little guy. But we are really doing better, he still wakes 5-6x a night---medication didn't help that at all---but he nurses a lot more readily and is much less fussy during the day.

ashj_1218 September 25th, 2013 01:24 PM

Re: Kody is a rolling pro now!

Aw. Poor Kody and his belly issues. I remember it all with Liam. And those weren't the best memories. I hope you get it figured out soon!

And the rolling is cute. I think we might be in your shoes in a week or two. Jo knows how to roll both ways, but seems less keen on rolling belly to back. So I imagine as she gets better at back to belly, she will get frustrated.

LolaBadola September 25th, 2013 02:05 PM

The rolling is so funny! Owen won't even stay on his back hardly at all anymore. He seems to impressed with the fact that he can do it, too. Wonder when he'll go belly to back.

I'm so sorry to hear that the reflux still hasn't let it up. My daughter had it/colic until she was 4 months old, too, and to this day is kind of a whiny, sensitive kid, so I can definitely relate. SO FRUSTRATING AND EXHAUSTING! Hang in there...

NewlyMrs September 25th, 2013 04:35 PM

He's on the move!! Sorry to hear the reflux isn't letting up but so happy you have a place to go for discussion. It's okay, you can cheat on us but you aren't allowed to leave :p

EverydayJoy September 25th, 2013 04:49 PM

No worries, I'm still here :)

kary4 September 25th, 2013 05:39 PM

Yeah, Joy, don't even think about leaving us for the other group!!

Glad to hear Kody is rolling! I think Lexi is in the early stages of figuring out how to roll from back to belly bc she has been getting in some weird positions when she is put on her back!

Erin80 September 25th, 2013 06:39 PM

Yup, Lilah rolls onto her tummy and gets stuck all the time.....and proceeds to freak out.

Lilah is on Zantac for reflux. It doesn't bother her while she eats, but she'll randomly start coughing, then gagging, then she'll puke. She seems to save this for when we're in public, which is great. If I forget the zantac, she spits up pretty often, and pukes. Before she was on it, she used to puke up whole bottles. Ugh.

EverydayJoy September 25th, 2013 06:51 PM

Poor Lilah! I'm glad the Zantac helps.
Yeah Kody freaks out in short order too. I get annoyed sometimes, like, "C'mon dude, you know you're going to hate it when you roll onto your tummy, so why do you do it?" Haha kids!

LabLover13 September 26th, 2013 04:48 AM

Kody is a mover and a shaker!!

Claire has rolled from belly to back exactly once. I think my husband and I cheered so loud it scared the s**t out of her, and she hasn't done it again. Ha.

She likes to roll to her side, but hasn't figured out quite yet how to get her huuuge head to go with her, so I think we still have a bit of time before she rolls back to belly. Thank goodness, because we're still swaddling her and I know when we end that, she's going to start sleeping like poo!