JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   diaper rash (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2686858-diaper-rash.html)

MichelleLynn October 19th, 2013 03:08 AM

diaper rash

My poor Tiago has had a terrible rash since Wednesday. Laat night I began letting him play diaper free to help give the area some fresh air to heal ip a hit. I feel so badly for him. The poor guy is teething, had shots on Tuesday and now this. I wish I could take away all the pain and discomfort for him. Today he did not scream through the change so I hope that means it is on its way to getting better! He is still quite red though. Poor guy!

NewlyMrs October 19th, 2013 08:40 AM

Re: diaper rash

Try aquaphor! Grady has never had it bad but it's cleared up anything he's had. Hope Tiago feels better soon!

EverydayJoy October 19th, 2013 09:22 AM

Poor baby! I've heard teething babies sometimes get diarrhea and diaper rashes. Hope his little bum feels better!

kary4 October 19th, 2013 01:13 PM

If you can, try to avoid using wipes. Use cotton balls wth plain water instead. Aquaphor plus a thick layer of Desitin at each diaper change should do the trick.

MichelleLynn October 19th, 2013 02:37 PM

I will definitly try to add in the aquaphor! Thanks ladies. The poor guy is letting out small bowel movements all day long.. hid poor hottom! I wish there was a way to stop the bowel movements a bit

kary4 October 19th, 2013 07:12 PM

Rice cereal may help...or bananas. Both of those are constipating.

rheaimedved October 20th, 2013 12:40 AM

we almost never use wipes-- when he poops we just wash him in the sink with some mild soap, and on the days he doesn't have BMs we wash him once just so he doesn't get too funky. we started this when he got a bit of diaper rash early on and it hasn't come back since. like kary said-- the key is avoiding wipes when possible.

realmom October 20th, 2013 01:11 AM

Really struggled with diaper rash in the beginning, Brian got it constantly. Pediatrician recommended putting on corn flour and then whatever cream you are using, it makes like a thick paste. It has worked like a charm. We do it every daly at bedtime but I'm sure you could do it throughout the day when you are struggling, like you are. Hope he feels better soon.

MichelleLynn October 20th, 2013 02:35 AM

I am proud to say his rash is almost healed! I put a&d and then the desitin rash cream over night. I let his bottom air out a bit during the day. I just wish I knew why he was pooping so much. There are sooooo many possibilities: shots, teething, stomach virus... but so long as he gets better I do not care!

kary4 October 20th, 2013 01:31 PM

Yeah! Is A&D like Aquaphor?

MichelleLynn October 20th, 2013 02:01 PM

In a way, yes.