JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Car Seats (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2704191-car-seats.html)

LolaBadola January 19th, 2014 08:47 PM

Car Seats

Who's still using the bucket seat? I am so over lugging ours around and would love to move Owen up to the
"big boy" one. I can't remember when we moved my daughter out of hers or when it's considered okay to do so.

Mrsbowbin January 19th, 2014 09:28 PM

Re: Car Seats

We switched out at about 6 months, it was much better for Brock and I.

Ryan and Alex's Mommy January 19th, 2014 09:46 PM

we still use ours but take her out of it....we don't like to carry it as it's too heavy with her in it.

misty3281 January 20th, 2014 03:09 AM

We still use ours. I picked out the convertible carseat I want, but I'll prob wait till she outgrows the infant carrier to get it. We only haul it around if she is sleeping when we get wherever we're going. Usually I just wear her though. She's still only 15 lbs though so it isn't awkwardly heavy yet.

renedarling January 20th, 2014 05:12 AM

Many time i was thinking "How to find the right best car seat." So that consumer Reports has honest Ratings and Reviews on car seats from the unbiased experts you can trust...thanks

ashj_1218 January 20th, 2014 06:28 AM

We still have Jo in her bucket seat. We only take it out when I take Liam to school, since its literally a 1 minute drop-off/pick-up and it's already a pain to buckle three kids in and out of seats four times. Cuts my work down. And I can keep her warmer. But the rest of the time I wear her or just take her out and carry her. We intend to use it until she is outgrowing it. We will need another seat when she does, so it delays having to buy another seat (for the record, we own 7 seats already!! Lol). She has a while in it though, it's to 32lbs and 32in and she isn't remotely close to those stats yet.

kurly January 20th, 2014 07:58 AM

We switched at about 6 months as well. Wyatt is huge.

NewlyMrs January 20th, 2014 08:19 AM

We are still using the bucket but most of the time we just take him out. Our britax marathon convertible seat just arrived from amazon so I think we will be switching over in the next couple weeks.

Erin80 January 20th, 2014 08:20 AM

Lilah is still in the bucket. I wanted to move her last weekend, but then never got around to it. My parents were here all weekend this weekend, so again, just didn't end up doing it. I'm going to get DH to do it one night this week I think.

MrsLisaT January 20th, 2014 12:19 PM

I hated that seat from the start! It was so heavy to lug around and Anna just cried and cried in it. We switched to a convertible seat at around 5 or 6 months but had already long since stopped taking the seat in and out of the car.

Kenzie January 20th, 2014 02:52 PM

We switched around 5 or 6 months.

rheaimedved January 20th, 2014 04:46 PM

We moved him when he outgrew it, around 6.5 months. I sometimes miss the convenience, but it was SO heavy (22 lbs of baby plus the seat!) and awkward.

EverydayJoy January 21st, 2014 09:49 PM

I still use the bucket seat but I rarely take it out anymore. I do take it out once in a great while, like when I go to the mall or the library or such and I want to be able to just snap it into the stroller. But any other time, I just take him out.

kary4 January 22nd, 2014 05:05 PM

We're still using our infant car seat - Lexi is still tiny - only 15 lbs and change. I usually snap it into the stroller when we take it out, so I never really have to carry it far.

mrsjl January 24th, 2014 07:33 AM

we switched at 5 months, but man I miss the convenience!