JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Walking (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2714400-walking.html)

Erin80 March 29th, 2014 05:33 AM

Walking

Anyone else close? Lilah is taking a few steps at a time now!

misty3281 March 29th, 2014 08:11 AM

Re: Walking

Avery is just starting to be brave enough to let go of stuff and stand unassisted, but it's only a few seconds at a time. She starts daycare Monday so I'm thinking being with tbe other kids her age will make her develop a little faster to keep up playing with them. I swear if she takes her first steps in daycare though I'm gonna lose it.

kary4 March 29th, 2014 08:13 AM

Lexi is just starting to pull up - she did it for the first time in fact yesterday! So I think I have a while before she starts walking. But who knows - she surprises me out to the blue usually with her skills!

Elly M. March 29th, 2014 09:38 AM

Chase is close. He stands for minutes on his own, and has taken some steps, but it comes and goes. The most he has done was 4 steps in a row. Now it's 2 here and there. I think he should be well on his way in about a month :)

ashj_1218 March 29th, 2014 11:13 AM

Nope. Not really close. We pull-up and cruise. She will stand for 30 seconds unassisted, but usually only when she isn't thinking about it. She is good at squatting and standing back up. But she has only ever taken one step away from something, mostly in a rush, and then fallen. The balance isn't there yet.

Mrsbowbin March 29th, 2014 11:37 AM

Brock stands, he walks all around house assisted but is just starting to try pulling himself up. He's a backwards kind of guy :)

rheaimedved March 29th, 2014 04:58 PM

Misha stands unassisted, like Ash said, only if he doesn't really notice he's doing it. He's a super fast crawler (he's been doing it for four months now) and pulls up really easily, so it almost seems like he doesn't have the motivation to walk?! I did see him THINK about taking a step the other day, so that was an exciting (non)moment!His new thing is climbing on stuff... the couch, coffee table, etc.

ashj_1218 March 29th, 2014 06:27 PM

^^Jo loves to climb too. Although its funny because her legs are still pretty short. Most of her height is in her torso and she isn't super-tall for her age either (just around 75%), so it's mostly pulling herself up by her arms. And then she is ridiculously proud that she managed. Lol.

NewlyMrs March 29th, 2014 10:36 PM

Grady can walk all the way across the room now but I still spot him closely. And we're still working on pulling up!

MrsNHigh March 29th, 2014 10:53 PM

Mr. Carter thinks he is an Olympic sprinter these days. He's been walking for about 6 weeks now and has been picking up speed. He stopped being wobbly in his little shoes about 2 weeks ago.

Erin80 March 30th, 2014 07:50 AM

Lilah isn't climbing at all yet - not even the stairs! She'll stand with her hands on the bottom stair and just bounce, lol.

Ryan and Alex's Mommy March 31st, 2014 10:48 PM

Sera is furniture walking....I think she may do it on her own before her birthday or just after.

mrsjl April 1st, 2014 02:17 PM

he's cruising and can stand unassisted. he also loves to climb. monkey.

Quote:

I swear if she takes her first steps in daycare though I'm gonna lose it.
I would tell the daycare that you absolutely, under no circumstances, want to know if she walks for them until you see it for your own eyes first :P

EverydayJoy April 1st, 2014 03:50 PM

Nope not walking here yet!

LolaBadola April 11th, 2014 10:23 PM

Owen only just started crawling a few weeks ago! He's pretty slow to the game. He will "walk" if I hold his hands, but he's not even really pulling up yet.

EverydayJoy April 18th, 2014 06:56 AM

Kody's not walking yet. He really wants to, though. He likes to practice a lot while holding someone's hands. Lots of cruising and climbing (or trying to climb) up on stuff.

Erin80 April 18th, 2014 01:24 PM

Lilah is 100% walking now! She just does constant laps around our house, usually carrying some random object (right now it's a pair of my 5 y/o's mitts!). She also loves to carry her water cup or a pot lid!