JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Words? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1872-may-2013-playroom/2718027-words.html)

Erin80 April 26th, 2014 04:23 AM

Words?

Does your baby say any words yet?

Lilah will be 1 on May 20th and she has just had a word explosion - it seemed that about a week after she learned to walk, she started working on talking.

She only has a couple words right now - she says "hot" (when she sees me drinking my tea), "hi" (she'll hold any object up to her head like she's talking on the phone and say "hi") and "baby" (she says baba in the high pitched voice she reserves for animals and babies!). She says mama and dada randomly too, but doesn't use them to address us yet I don't think....though she definitely knows who we are because every night when DH gets home I say to Lilah "is Dada home??" and her eyes go huge, she starts squealing and walks as fast as she can towards the door!

She also pushes the Barbie car around going "vroom vroom vroom" over and over and over again.

EverydayJoy April 26th, 2014 07:27 AM

Re: Words?

How cute!!
Kody can say "num num" for food, mama and dada, "meow meow" for the cat (hard to understand but he does that high pitched voice too!), and he can sign "more" and "all done".

ashj_1218 April 26th, 2014 06:37 PM

Jo is definitely a talkative munchkin. She gets a new word what seems like every day. We are probably up to 20-25 by now. She uses a few more regularly than others and uses them in various situations (like uh-oh for both dropping something and when she sees someone fall down). She will combine "hi" and "bye" with another word ("hi dog" "bye mama"). But mostly she just uses one word demands. Her current favorites are bye-bye, night-night, uh-oh, and ball. She also calls each of her brother by their name...which sounds nothing like their real names. But she is big on calling them right now. Oh, and cup...she loves to demand her cup.

MrsLisaT April 28th, 2014 05:21 AM

Anna is starting to get very vocal. Sometimes it is hard though to tell if she is actually saying a word or if I am just hearing what I want to hear. Some of the definites are mama, dada, Duke (our dog), Kiki (our turtle), hi, again, and book.

Counting our Blessings April 28th, 2014 07:15 AM

Wow, such talkers. We have "mama" :smile:

ashj_1218 April 28th, 2014 07:47 AM

My boys were NOTHING like this. I don't think either of them said a word until 13 months...and then nothing til they were like 2! I just think she loves to hear her own voice ;)

kary4 April 28th, 2014 05:44 PM

We just got "Mama" over here! I'm not sure she knows it's me, but she loves to just say it over and over!

Mrsbowbin April 29th, 2014 08:11 PM

Momma, nonono, dada that's about it here.

Shufu_in_Shunan April 30th, 2014 07:08 PM

Just "mama" and "dada" for sure, then a plethora of other noises I can't tell are supposed to be words or not. I think she has tried to say "book" and "kitty" a few times, though! When we were visiting my family, they were sure she was saying all sorts of words, but I think it was just in their imaginations. :P

kary4 April 30th, 2014 07:10 PM

Yeah, we also have a lot of strange "vocalizations" going on here! It's like her own little gobble de gook language! I love it!

NewlyMrs May 7th, 2014 11:16 AM

Grady says "hot" and "hat" now. Lots of babbling too but those are the only clear words.

Oh he also makes the sound "vroom" for anything with an engine. Love it!