JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   How did you tell SO/DH? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2675333-how-did-you-tell-so-dh.html)

dmarie84 August 28th, 2013 05:45 PM

How did you tell SO/DH?

I am still sitting on the news :p I want to surprise him--possibly just putting the test next to his computer, a sure sign he'll see it, or maybe taking a picture and putting it on his computer :p

How did you tell?

Nel August 28th, 2013 05:51 PM

Re: How did you tell SO/DH?

he is the one that went and bought me my tests and i had told him I would be taking one that next morning. I woke him up at 1:30am and asked him if he wanted to come look. He didnt wake up fully so I pulled the covers off him and told him to go look ;)

*CAMM* August 28th, 2013 06:01 PM

He came in and was "greeted" by the candy first and then in the living room was the test and picture frame. =) I found out at 8dpo but didnt tell him until 11dpo (he works out of town during the week.
http://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...e32f8474b5.jpg

bella88 August 28th, 2013 06:51 PM

It's father's day this Sunday so I bought him a big #1 dad glass with pictures and writing all over it, some baby singlets and bibs and wrapped them up in a gift bag for him. I also wrapped the frer and put it in there too. I bought him a father's day card and wrote about how even though it was a week early we didn't need a special day to tell him how amazing a dad he'll be. I surprised him with it at 6 in the morning because I figured the sun at least had to be up. I had been awake since 4 taking the frer and gathering the rest of the present items up and making a heck of a racket... I woke him up twice :P. Poor DH was squinting at the test with asleep eyes trying to make out where there were two lines :rofl:

dmarie84 August 28th, 2013 07:01 PM

I think I am going to put it on his nightstand so he can see it before bed. I don't think I can wait all day tomorrow!

bella88 August 28th, 2013 07:15 PM

I only lasted half a day :D

rebeccabaltimore and more August 28th, 2013 07:37 PM

I lasted half a second. Both times I was pregnant, I freaked out and called him right away!

*CAMM* August 28th, 2013 07:43 PM

With our very first pregnancy and my son I called him right away (found out at work)
with my daughter he was at home with me and I told him right away as well.

PlainlyA August 28th, 2013 07:49 PM

I walked out of the bathroom with the test in my hand and a shocked look on my face. I handed him the test.. That was as good as I got lol I wish I could have thought up some way to surprise him

dmarie84 August 28th, 2013 08:13 PM

Well, I told him. :) I left a note on his pillow saying "Surprise!" and then I put the test on it. I stood at the door talking to him for two whole minutes before he caught sight of it. He stopped mid-sentence and picked it up and said " does this mean what I think it does?"

He's been pretty happy, talking about all the plans in the next few months LOL

bella88 August 29th, 2013 02:13 PM

Haha DHs can be so dense :P. Yay for telling yours!

*Leah* August 29th, 2013 02:34 PM

Well, it's not like ours was a surprise...DH knows I'm a HUGE POASer...so he asked how the testing was going and I said "good" and emailed him a picture...he wrote me back...I don't see it...is this bad? and so I had to put dots above and below the test line so he could see the line hehe....

Then today (he leaves for work at 4:30am) I did the same thing...he saw the FRER line right away and was confused by the CBE + sign haha...I had to explain it to him....he's super happy and knows the line is light for me at equivalent of 13dpo...but we are just taking it one day at a time and thankful for every day I am pregnant.... :)

CherryBerry August 29th, 2013 02:53 PM

DH doesn't like me testing without him, but I did yesterday (because I wanted to join the gym and as my periods are really irregular I wanted to check before I signed up) When the line came up I was shocked, we were really not expecting it this month at all. I tried ringing him for half an hour but he didnt answer, when I finally got through I just said "I was naughty and did a test... I think we might be having another baby!"
I was so shocked he had to calm me down a lot. But he was lovely and we are both very happy and looking forward to it all.

LUSHaye August 31st, 2013 08:19 AM

I took a test early in the morning and kind of freaked out about how I was going to tell him.
Eventually I just laid back in bed and whispered to him that I had a bun in the oven. He was still half asleep and asked me 'what do you mean you have a bun?' And then suddenly his eyes popped open and he started smiling.
It was a nice little moment.