JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Prenatals (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2675482-prenatals.html)

*Leah* August 29th, 2013 11:50 AM

Prenatals

What kind are you on?

Are you good at remembering to take them?

Do they make you feel sick?

__________________________________________________ __________

What kind are you on? Walmart Sun Valley Brand...I took them with Mallory too...

Are you good at remembering to take them? Yep, everyday with my baby aspirin and my estrogen tablet

Do they make you feel sick? nope...but I've heard the kind with extra iron can make some women feel yuckity...

PlainlyA August 29th, 2013 12:11 PM

Re: Prenatals

I bought the walgreens brand and surprisingly they have no taste or smell so I dont get sick taking them. I remember some I took years ago when I was trying to get pregnant I wasnt even pregnant and they made me sick. I plan to stick with these if my Dr is ok with them

acmd03 August 29th, 2013 12:19 PM

What kind are you on? Right now I have a store brand. I just get whatever's on sale :) Once I see an ob, I can get them free with a prescription, but I don't know what kind they are.

Are you good at remembering to take them? Yes. I take a blood pressure med every day, and get sick if I don't remember, so it's a habit to take pills every morning.

Do they make you feel sick? Nope, I haven't had trouble with any I've tried.

Nel August 29th, 2013 12:29 PM

The brand is Jamieson and it says on the box "easy on stomach"... they were on sale lol. I am also taking omega-3 fish oil, Good for brain develop :)

So far not making me sick but I always take them at lunch time when I eat.

*CAMM* August 29th, 2013 12:31 PM

I take centrum prenatals with Dha...yes they do make me sick. I have thrown up taking them.

Full stomach doesnt help either..

bella88 August 29th, 2013 01:48 PM

I'm on blackmore's pregnancy multivitamin. I switched back onto those after I got my bfp. I am pretty good at remembering to take them. They say to take two a day so I take one in the morning and one before bed. They don't make me feel too bad but I think they might to if I took the two at the same time.

mommy2b43 August 29th, 2013 08:36 PM

I'm taking Thorne research brand right now. They're okay but have too much vitamin E so I'm only taking one..I'm going to start taking an extra folate to get enough of that. I don't think I will take a prenatal after this just discuss with my midwife or obgyn what vitamins I need specifically- I think multivitamins tend to have too much junk in them! When I was taking 3 a day the vitamins were making me sick but now they just give me slight indigestion with one dose at bed time. One plus is my pee does not turn fluorescent yellow with these so I must be absorbing them better or something lol