JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   First-time Mommy! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2680879-first-time-mommy.html)

xBabyMuellerx September 23rd, 2013 01:00 PM

First-time Mommy!

Hello all!

First of all this is my first pregnancy and it came as quite a bit of a shock as my fiancÚ and I were planning on getting married next summer, but now we are expecting our first child. We haven't officially been in for any ultrasounds (we just moved 1900 miles away from our hometown two months ago, so we don't have insurance and such figured out until we start our new jobs), but after taking seven pregnancy tests and all coming back positive plus all the symptoms I've been having and here we are six week into pregnancy!

Our estimated due date is May 24, 2014, so our little gift is only 6 weeks along--unconfirmed, but we took a pregnancy weeks estimator test and it has been 6-7 weeks since my last period--and we couldn't be more happy. Of course, we would have liked to have been married first, but everything is meant to be and we will get married next fall instead of next summer!

A little bit about my little families background: my fiancÚ and I have been together for 5 years and are high school sweethearts, so we're still a bit young (22), but we planned on beginning to have children when we were 23-24, so we're about a year earlier than we planned to start having kids. We've always done things a little fast and we've already lived together for 3 years, so we know we can be excited about our baby without all the scares of being young and pregnant. It was a little surprising, still, since we were in the midst of planning our wedding. His family is very religious, so we know once we let everyone know the big news, they might have problems with a child before marriage. On the bright side, we've decided we're very excited and whoever wants to stand by us will enjoy our baby with us and all others who don't understand--well we believe a baby is a gift and that's all we can say to them.

On a lighter note, I'm excited to hear from everyone and how they're doing! I've been very bloated and my stomach has popped out a little bit so it's very obvious that there is something in there! I was a little surprised because I've heard most people don't start showing this early in their first pregnancy, but there is definitely a bump there. Nothing clothing can't hide though. I'm very anxious for my bump to get bigger and I find myself searching google images of women at all stages of pregnancy hoping it'll give me insight to when I'll start showing! I'm very excited about our baby (though my fiancÚ is excited and loved rubbing my tummy, it's still a bit of a shock to him because we weren't planning on getting pregnant just yet). He wants the sex to be a surprise, but I've never agreed with people who do that primarily because I cannot wait for surprises! I am far too impatient, so I will be finding out and he wants to keep it a secret (but we'll see how he feels after we have our first ultrasound appointment). I would be happy with either gender because I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters (all younger) and I love both sides of both genders. Little girls you can dress up, but little boys melt your heart. I'm okay with either!

We already have a few names picked out, but we've decided not to share any of them until we know the gender and we've revealed we are pregnant to our families! We've decided to wait until week 13, once we're out of the red zone for miscarriage and into the second trimester. As for now I'm curious to hear about how you found out you were pregnant, symptoms and your baby bumps!

Symptoms thus far: nausea after eating a meal, bloating, fatigue, and MOOD SWINGS X10!
Bump: baby is only the size of an orange seed, but my tummy seems to pucker more than it used to!

Tata for now!
xBabyMuellerx

AlaskaMom September 23rd, 2013 03:54 PM

Re: First-time Mommy!

Congratulations! It's really charming and sweet how excited you both are. :-) I didn't have my first baby until age 31 and I some ways I envy you young mamas. There are pros and cons either way I guess.

Why wait on the wedding if you're engaged already? Once that baby comes I suspect the wedding will feel like less of a big deal to you, and even though planning would be fast, it could be really nice to focus on yourselves as a couple and celebrate that transition first. Just something to consider, plus it might make your husband's family happy.

ashleyjo September 23rd, 2013 04:13 PM

Re: First-time Mommy!

Congrats and welcome!