JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   how they schedule appts (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2682640-how-they-schedule-appts.html)

BB2014 October 1st, 2013 03:13 AM

how they schedule appts

So everyone that had your first appt, when is your next one scheduled for?

I haven't had my first yet (it's next Tuesday) and I'm already excited about when my second will be. LOL Do they schedule them every 4 weeks?

inyourhonor October 1st, 2013 05:19 AM

Re: how they schedule appts

Usually every 4 weeks. Then it'll go to every 2 weeks, then every week. But it can also depend on provider and how your pregnancy is going for when your appointments will be scheduled. Low risk, it usually goes like I just stated.

ashleyjo October 1st, 2013 06:07 AM

Yep- I go next Tuesday, and then I'm guessing my next appt will be 4 weeks after that! Then down to every two, then every week for the last four weeks or so! :)

mkljmom October 1st, 2013 06:18 AM

My next one isn't until the 18th. I think it is every 4 until 30, then every 2 until 36, then every week until delivery.

PlainlyA October 1st, 2013 02:01 PM

My first apt is this week with the nurse just to do paperwork, blood work and stuff like that from what I understand. I have an apt 2 weeks later with the Dr and that will be my first dr apt so probably will be every 4 weeks after that one unless he labels me as high risk from prior health conditions then it can be more.

bugz October 1st, 2013 05:45 PM

I'm sure it depends on your provider. But for me I'll have appointments once a month until the 28th week, every two weeks until the 36th week, and then weekly until labour begins. One of the 36+ week appointments can be at my own home. Awesome. Then they come to my home on days 1, 3, 5 and 7-10 for a baby checkup. Then I see them at the clinic weeks 2, 4 and 6.

sarav October 2nd, 2013 11:00 AM

My 2nd u/s was mostly to confirm the difference in gestational age from where they thought I would be based off LMP at my 6.5 week u/s. My 3rd u/s will be in 4 weeks at 12.5 weeks. I have been referred to a perinatologist, and will most likely be visiting them in 2 weeks (before our honeymoon), or in 4 weeks (after our honeymoon).

anjewellove October 2nd, 2013 11:25 AM

Last pg I didn't go as much as the ob wanted. I went every 6-8 weeks, then 32 wks, 36 wks, 38 wks & 40 wks. My pregnancy was a healthy normal one so no need to go monthly or more.

As for this pregnancy, not sure yet. My 1st appointment is late next week (8 wks), I might have to reschedule thought :(

*CAMM* October 2nd, 2013 11:50 AM

There is 5 weeks between my last appt and my next appt. Which is fine with me...I probably wont go to my appts every month. My last appt was just a weight check, flu shot and we did a quick peek at the baby...the only reason I went was for the ultrasound ..otherwise there was no reason to go.