JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   How much is 5 glasses of water really? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2682991-how-much-5-glasses-water-really.html)

bugz October 2nd, 2013 09:49 AM

How much is 5 glasses of water really?

I have my ultrasound today (!! will update that later) and I'm supposed to drink 5-6 glasses of water 1 hour before the ultrasound. Is that like 5-6 measuring cups of water? My glasses hold about 2 measuring cups probably. Or is it actually 5-6 glasses? They come in so many different sizes.. This is potentially a very dumb question! I just don't want to go and it not work or something!

girlsofsummer October 2nd, 2013 09:58 AM

Re: How much is 5 glasses of water really?

I think 8 oz is considered the measurement. So yes, I'd assume that you'll want to drink 5-6 1 c. measuring cups full. Or just estimate!

Good luck with that consumption -- I'd probably pee myself :D

Masesmama October 2nd, 2013 10:00 AM

That's weird they didn't tell you in ounces, and weird that they would even have you drink water. I have an ultrasound today and I'm not drinking water lol. At this early they do it through her vagina so I don't know why they would have you drink water at all. But if they mean a glass is 8 ounces, then it would be about 3 glasses because most glasses are standard 16 ounces. Drinking 5-6 of those would be nearly impossible within an hour lol.

inyourhonor October 2nd, 2013 10:18 AM

8oz is considered 1 glass of water. To get my daily intake, I drink 3 16 fl oz water bottles and then plus some if I feel like I want more.

bugz October 2nd, 2013 10:19 AM

Yeah I have no idea how I'm going to hold it in. As it is I'm peeing every 45 minutes and that's without drinking anything. I think it's because they don't know how far I am because my cycles are so wonky. Or they are just being mean lol. Anywhere between 11 and 6 weeks, but most likely 9.

I just filled up a big water bottle with 6 cups and now I'm sitting here staring at it wondering how that much water is going to fit in what seems to be a pea sized bladder. I'm going to be running to the bathroom right after the ultrasound lol.

Andrea1122 October 2nd, 2013 10:54 AM

I would just drink 30ozs or so. You just need a full bladder, and some people don't need as much water to get that. They will attempt a abdominal U/S and then have you pee and do a transvaginal. That's how it's always been with all mine.