JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   I got in trouble today at work (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2683019-i-got-trouble-today-work.html)

Nel October 2nd, 2013 10:11 AM

I got in trouble today at work

for taking 8 sick days since the middle of August. I now have to bring a DRs note to work if I am sick.... I have worked here for 5 years!

1. Im pissed cause I havent taken 8 sick days!
2. Im livid because my supervisor knows Im pregnant and very sick
3. This happens the day after I came back from a sick day, after catching the flu that is going around the office... so they want me sick in the office with the flu that I caught there, so I can spread it around some more?!

I emailed my supervisor my actual dates and number of sick days... which has been 4. One when we got back from honeymoon in Aug and I was still sick from Mexico. Two for morning sickness in sept and 1 yesterday from this dam flu that I am still very obviously sick with.

I then went to my actual boss and told him what is going on. That I am pregnant and things are not going to well for me. That I am hoping I have another 3-4 weeks of this and it will go away, like it did my first time.

My supervisor has been back from mat leave all of 1 month and I already cant stand her again. I want to walk out of here. This is a very compassionate easy going nice place to work and she destroys that.

anjewellove October 2nd, 2013 10:34 AM

Re: I got in trouble today at work

Ugh so sorry! Hope you are able to get it straightened out

sarav October 2nd, 2013 10:46 AM

Sorry you are going through that. My boss isn't always the easiest to deal with and tends to make me feel guilty for time off. Despite getting sick this morning, I have been pushing through it. I have a sinus infection on top of morning sickness, so throwing up makes my head hurt even worse.

It's just never a good feeling to go through the pregnancy symptoms and have the added stress of a difficult supervisor on top of it. I hope you feel better.

Nel October 2nd, 2013 12:05 PM

Sara, I always get sinus infections when I get a cold... so even if the cold isnt that bad i end up with at the very least a low grade fever. I feel your pain, Im gagging constantly and now I have mucus getting stuck in my throat making it so much worse. *Sigh* no one at work gives a dam and it just makes me feel like im not a person im just a worker.

BB2014 October 2nd, 2013 03:37 PM

That is nuts and she is just coming back from maternity leave?!? she should be the most understanding. what a witch! grr. sorry you have to go through this. too bad next time you're sick you couldn't accidentally throw up on your boss' shoes.

Nel October 2nd, 2013 03:43 PM

LoL she sits right behind me so I could arrange that. I am so pukey all the time I could probably puke on command if needed lol Im sitting her coughing and sneezing and sick as all hell all day too... its not like im faking being sick to stay home or run around during the day having fun... I was laying in bed with a fever & sleeping all day!

I realized as I was sitting here fuming that I have been working an extra 30mins-1hr every other day for the last 4 months and an 1hr every day for the last month. I did it and didnt asked to be paid for it cause my actual boss is so relaxed about lunch hours and such. .... I shot both him and my (recently returned) female supervisor a note this afternoon asking to have my hours officially changed to accommodate for my extra over time. Screw this being nice crap, I will play petty and dirty if they wanna.

Lyndsey2013 October 2nd, 2013 05:29 PM

Can you request FMLA leave?

Nel October 2nd, 2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyndsey2013 (Post 27698703)
Can you request FMLA leave?

I dunno what that is lol

I get a year of mat leave and the soonest I can take it is.. feb I think? Im counting down the days

girlsofsummer October 2nd, 2013 06:08 PM

Oh my goodness my Italian/pregnant fury would boil over. So, so insane. I'm p!ssed off for you.

I'd play dirty now, too. They want to try to screw you, screw 'em back!

MommaBean18 October 2nd, 2013 08:06 PM

Agreed! What jerks! Counting down to February with you!

inyourhonor October 3rd, 2013 05:35 AM

FMLA I think it's american, it's the Family Medical Leave Act. I know you're in Canada, so I'm not sure if you guys have something similar but under a different name. You can take I think up to 12 weeks off (unpaid I believe) and come back to your job.

I'd play dirty now too! I had a boss when I was pregnant with my first who was a total butthole to me. I was 9 months pregnant, still working and they had hissy fits when I came in with a note from my Dr saying, I could only do 4 hour shifts. I worked at Target, but I have SPD and standing for long periods of time killed me. I was also having fainting issues that we couldn't get under control and I was allowed to take a break on top of my one legal one to have a juice. She let in on me because of this. I told her to screw off one day and walked out. Well, I put in my maternity leave then, and went back at my 8 weeks and told them I quit. I told her to screw off in my head haha.

I hate a miserable boss! I like the throwing up on her shoe idea ;)

underhermantle October 3rd, 2013 08:33 AM

I am so sorry they are being so stinky! I hope you feel well soon and they back off because you deserve to relax!

ToMuchElmo October 3rd, 2013 08:49 AM

At my last job I was 36 weeks pg and it was time to put up the fake xmas tree adn garland, all of which have lots of lead, not to mention the tree was heavy and I had to stand on a chair to get it put together. I was told to wear gloves if I had a problem wtih it....which I had to buy. People just stood there and watched me struggle with the stupid tree...36 weeks pg.

They also complained about me taking off the 12 unpaid FMLA weeks I was allowed and didn't provide me with a place to pump (I did it in my car). I was salary and they made me 'make up the time' I used to pump even though I didn't take other breaks or a lunch and came in early every day....

I also came in sick, and spent a lot of time in the bathroom because they had issues with me taking off.

sarav October 3rd, 2013 10:12 AM

I ended up taking the afternoon off after losing my breakfast and then losing my lunch. I was dry heaving the whole way home and called the OB. They sent in a prescription for Zofran. Dh had to come home cuz I just so sick. I love the Zofran. THANK GOODNESS. I'm back at work today eating crackers and soup to keep things basic. I have my Zofran with me in case I need it. I felt guilty for leaving work for morning sickness, but I just couldn't control it.

I was just so shocked how quickly the morning sickness turned from nausea to throwing up (even dry heaving after nothing was left).