JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Worst appointment ever... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2683082-worst-appointment-ever.html)

bugz October 2nd, 2013 03:36 PM

Worst appointment ever...

I had my first ultrasound today and it couldn't have gone any worse. I was so excited for it and all that was completely ruined.

I got to the ultrasound office and they told me after my ultrasound to see the receptionist and she'd set me up with my next appointment.

When they finally saw me the ultrasound went terrible. They wouldn't tell me ANYTHING. Not what the heart rate was, if there was even a heart beat. Not how far along I am. Not what my due date is. Not if the baby was in the right place. Not if there was even a baby. If there was 1 baby or 50. She wouldn't even let me see the screen. She said "there is nothing to see".

After the ultrasound I went back to see the receptionist and she said "We'll call you if we need to book you another appointment" and didn't look happy, before she was smiling. To make things worse my BF couldn't be there because parking in this city is impossible. There was literally no where to park in a 30 minute walking distance, at least. So he had to drive around for over an hour waiting for me.

Now all I can do is worry. I've been bleeding a bit and have already been worried enough but now this? I have no idea when the midwife will get the results because everything is so slow here. I'm trying not to worry but now that's impossible. The 3 other people that were ahead of me, all for their first ultrasound (I over heard), all got pictures to take home. I didn't.

And we just told people... And they all said we were too young, blah, blah and to abort. Now if I have to tell them something like this they are going to be relieved or happy or say it was for the best or something. I'm dying.

Nel October 2nd, 2013 03:41 PM

Re: Worst appointment ever...

Oh dear :( Fingers crossed things are ok in there with the baby! If something is wrong they will let you know right away I am sure.

girlsofsummer October 2nd, 2013 03:46 PM

Sounds like heartless, awful people at your practice. I am so sorry that you had to go through that -- it is so unfair.

I hope you can push for results fast. Thinking of you...realize that everything may be fine and they were just rushing you out.

peace.love.audrey October 2nd, 2013 04:11 PM

Ugh. I feel so sad for you. I can't even imagine how awful it must feel to wonder about the unknown. I hope you get answers very soon.

JillMama October 2nd, 2013 04:15 PM

That is awful, I'm so sorry! What a cow =( I hope you get answers really soon.

BB2014 October 2nd, 2013 04:20 PM

If this happened to me, I would pick up the phone and let the pregnancy hormones take over and give as many people in the office an earful until I got some answers. They truly treated you like crap and you do not deserve that. Do you have to keep using this place? So sorry.

*CAMM* October 2nd, 2013 04:36 PM

I am so sorry. That sounds awful.

bugz October 2nd, 2013 04:41 PM

I just got a call from my midwife. Only 3 hours after my ultrasound. It's pretty much done...

She said I was measuring 6W0D. I'm supposed to be 9. I got a positive pregnancy test on August 30. It was really positive. The "yes" line was way darker than the control line. But if I'm 6 weeks that means I conceived AFTER the 30th. So it stopped growing... There wasn't a heartbeat but she said it might just be too early, but I know it's done... :(.

ashleyjo October 2nd, 2013 04:43 PM

Aw hun im sorry :( prayers for you

JillMama October 2nd, 2013 04:45 PM

I'm so so sorry =( :hug:

lovemylittlemiss October 2nd, 2013 05:01 PM

((hugs)) I had a really bad early u/s too that only showed a gest. sac and nothing else. Did they do it transvaginal? Do you know if you have a tilted uterus? An abdominal scan probably isn't too accurate right now and if you have a tilted uterus it can make it difficult to see things this early. I'm sorry this is happening to you but I hope it is just a case of dates off/not being able to see what is there.

ETA: Just read your update...I hope that this is just a fluke! My u/s said I was 4 weeks something days but I knew that couldn't be accurate because I had the positive test longer than that...the second u/s I was measuring right on track.

bugz October 2nd, 2013 05:04 PM

They did both, abdominal and transvaginal. They didn't see anything with the abdominal, not surprised. She dug around for almost 20 minutes with the transvaginal so I assume she was trying every angle possible. I've never been told I have a tilted uterus. I could tell from my midwifes voice that it wasn't good. As soon as I heard "Do you have a minute to talk?" I just knew. I hope it turns out different but trying not to get my hopes up.

talscot October 2nd, 2013 05:05 PM

I am sorry.

anhoyle October 2nd, 2013 05:35 PM

So sorry ladies :(

Nel October 2nd, 2013 06:20 PM

Thats very upsetting news :( I wouldn't give up just yet, though. Give it a little more time and think positively. ultrasounds are not fool proof and dont work perfectly all the time.

Onelove121 October 2nd, 2013 06:26 PM

I am sorry u had to go through that! Praying they are wrong!!! ((HUGS))

PointDefiance October 2nd, 2013 06:58 PM

I hope it's just their shotty equip and lack of skills and they are bad people =[ [[hugs]]

girlsofsummer October 2nd, 2013 07:03 PM

Praying that they are dead wrong. So sorry that you are stuck waiting. Will they do another?

bugz October 2nd, 2013 07:11 PM

I have another ultrasound on Monday to confim, at a different place.

Nel October 2nd, 2013 07:12 PM

Be hopeful