JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   First appt...finally! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2686909-first-appt-finally.html)

LUSHaye October 19th, 2013 10:29 AM

First appt...finally!

It's this upcoming Friday.

So I'll be a couple days from being 13 weeks at that point.
Will that appointment be a little bit more packed than if I had it earlier? Meaning...will I be able
to see the bun, hear the heartbeat, all that cool stuff all at once?

It will be a bit of a bummer since SO will be out of town and won't be able to go to my first appointment with me. But I'm still excited!

PointDefiance October 19th, 2013 11:14 AM

Re: First appt...finally!

I would assume that it will be a longer appt, if they do an u/s there will definitely be a nice strong heartbeat and the bun won't look so much like a gummy bear but a real little baby! They are probably going to draw blood and do a lot of measuring of baby! Yay! How exciting! Can't wait to see pictures!

lovemylittlemiss October 19th, 2013 11:20 AM

Yay! I guess it all depends on what your doc does but from my experience the first appt. tends to be longer anyway...they might do a pelvic/pap and a breast exam as well.

peace.love.audrey October 19th, 2013 11:30 AM

I don't know how you've been so patient! Can you please pass some of that virtue on to me?

Good luck!

Panda October 20th, 2013 12:57 PM

depends on your insurance. Mine only covers one ultrasound unless I'm high risk so at my first appt the doc will do a pap and breast exam draw blood measure the belly (possibly) and then that is all. At my office they don't use the Doppler until 17 or so weeks then at 20 weeks I will get a ultrasound. That is why I have not even had an appt yet.

ashleyjo October 20th, 2013 12:59 PM

Pee in a cup, get your bp checked, probably use the doppler to hear the babe.. At my first appt I had a pap done also.. My doc did do an ultrasound real quick just to take a peek for us.. :)

LUSHaye October 20th, 2013 03:01 PM

As far as I know my insurance covers pretty much everything, which is a nice relief. I'd definitely like a quick little picture to send to my SO since he won't be able to make it.

inyourhonor October 20th, 2013 03:20 PM

With my first my first appointment was after 12 weeks. It was the same type of appointment as I had with this baby at 9 weeks. Same length, they did all the same things, heard heartbeat, did blood, etc.

I hope you have a good appt!

Masesmama October 20th, 2013 03:41 PM

Really depends on the doctor. With my first, I did a super long questionnaire about medical history and lots of paperwork, then an ultrasound and that was it. I was 12 weeks. With this one, I did only an ultrasound. The second appointment was medical history and the third is scheduled for a pap. I'd call and ask what you can expect for your first appointment so you plan enough time and don't leave disappointed if they don't do an ultrasound :)