JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Twin naming question/help! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2696496-twin-naming-question-help.html)

peace.love.audrey December 5th, 2013 02:21 PM

Twin naming question/help!

If you were having twins, how would you name them?

Same first letter?

Something rhyming Or matchy matchy?

Two separate names that you like?

I am so lost!

Panda December 5th, 2013 02:58 PM

Ohhh tough.... When I was pregnant with my son I had a dream it was twins Aden and Abigail so maybe I would do same first letter?? That is such a tough call!! Good luck

NurseMommy19 December 5th, 2013 03:01 PM

Re: Twin naming question/help!

I love twins having the same first letter! I don't think I would do them too matchy but something that flows well together!

jmills1129 December 5th, 2013 03:14 PM

I like the same letter, my friend has twin boys named Jared and Jarett.... its really matchy matchy lol,

lovemylittlemiss December 5th, 2013 03:15 PM

I personally would go with just 2 names that I liked if I was having twins...I really don't like matchy names for twins or sibsets (including those with same first letter). I feel l like when you go matchy you usually have to compromise to make them match. Picking 2 separate names also might show that you acknowledge them as 2 separate individuals. Of course, if the two names you really like happen to match or start with the same letter than that is different; I just wouldn't go out of my way to pick two that matched, but that is just me.

How did you do it with your other twins if you don't mind me asking? (Sorry if I'm reading it wrong and you don't have another set)

peace.love.audrey December 5th, 2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemylittlemiss (Post 27839714)
I personally would go with just 2 names that I liked if I was having twins...I really don't like matchy names for twins or sibsets (including those with same first letter). I feel l like when you go matchy you usually have to compromise to make them match. Picking 2 separate names also might show that you acknowledge them as 2 separate individuals. Of course, if the two names you really like happen to match or start with the same letter than that is different; I just wouldn't go out of my way to pick two that matched, but that is just me.

How did you do it with your other twins if you don't mind me asking? (Sorry if I'm reading it wrong and you don't have another set)

The 6 yr olds are my DHs kids with his ex so I wasn't involved in that naming process. And they are B/G twins with names that my DH and his ex liked and they aren't matchy matchy at all. I feel like same sex twins are so much harder to name. Lol.

girlsofsummer December 5th, 2013 05:58 PM

I'm a fan of two separate names. Two separate identities, two separate people!

Dumb question, but are they fraternal or identical? Can you know at this point?

peace.love.audrey December 5th, 2013 07:09 PM

They are fraternal. :)

bella88 December 5th, 2013 07:40 PM

I'd go either two separate names or same letter but not too matchy

*CAMM* December 5th, 2013 08:13 PM

2 separate names for 2 different babies =) I really don't like matchy names like Haylee and Kaylee...Ella and Emma...Taylor and Tyler for twins or regular siblings either.

If they have the same first letter I think the names should sound nothing alike...example..Isla and Imogen...Drew and Derrek..

You can also do names that sound similar but are different..like for example Jessamine and Georgiana.

Or if you want them to share SOMETHING..you could do names that both mean love ..both mean blessing..ect...or names that originate from the same place...Irish names...or maybe share the same distinct letter...like an X ...example for boys...Felix and Maxwell...

anywhooo..those are just suggestions and I can't wait to see what you guys actually come up with =)

BB2014 December 6th, 2013 12:32 AM

I like 2 separate names. But, I definitely would be dressing them up alike sometimes. :)

inyourhonor December 6th, 2013 08:06 AM

I agree, they're two different people, I would give them two different names.

Nel December 6th, 2013 09:37 AM

Im with the others for two different names. I wouldnt name one an old fashion name and the other a more current name, but I would give them their own separate identities.

MommaBean18 December 6th, 2013 12:33 PM

I think I'd do first letter. Maybe matchy matchy. With rhyming you run the risk of mixing up the names all the time, or having other people mix them up!

sahm-of3 December 8th, 2013 08:14 PM

I am having twins as well, My other 3 children are all "B" names, but we decided to go with another letter because I can't find another B boy name I like. They will both have names that start with A. We know once ina boy, not sure about baby A yet..so time will tell.