JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Maternity clothes rant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2696863-maternity-clothes-rant.html)

jemag December 7th, 2013 06:47 PM

Maternity clothes rant

I hate shopping for maternity clothes! Most stores only have like 3 pieces to choose from and I feel like they are either really expensive or ugly and don't fit well. I've tried Zulily but I think most of there tops are still too expensive and I don't like getting pants from there because you can't return things if they don't fit. Does anyone have suggestions on where to find cute reasonably priced maternity clothes?

joanna26 December 7th, 2013 07:17 PM

Re: Maternity clothes rant

I've been to several stores and I think maternity clothes in general are just really ugly/frumpy or just odd right now. I did not have this issue with my first pregnancy! Stores recommended to me were Kohls, Old Navy, and Target and I have always used Motherhood but they can be on the pricier end.

MommaBean18 December 7th, 2013 07:27 PM

I found a decent pair of pants at Old Navy a couple of weeks ago. Also found some really great tops but they were pricey. I'm waitingbfor them to go on sale.

Nel December 7th, 2013 07:29 PM

what stores have you tried? I got a lot from Old Navy and then the outlet store of motherhood maternity.

jmills1129 December 7th, 2013 07:53 PM

I shop at old navy, but for the most part will be wearing leggins and sweaters this winter.

sarav December 7th, 2013 08:48 PM

Ross carries some maternity clothes. I haven't found anything in plus size, but the regular size maternity was ok.

bella88 December 8th, 2013 01:42 AM

Maternity clothes are uuuuuuugly! Or at least the ones I saw were. I was expecting better lol. I think I'll just have to live in maxi dresses, shorts with elastic waist bands and cheap singlets that I don't care about stretching.

mommy2b43 December 8th, 2013 03:06 AM

This is why I have yet to buy anything this pregnancy. Money is tight especially between Christmas and paying for my delivery of this baby ($2500 and I have only been to the doctor twice!!! A little ridiculous no?) and we need a new van ASAP (another $1,500 down in cash). So, yeah- I have no interest in buying butt ugly clothes that don't really fit!! Ugh. I have found some okay stuff at gap and old navy in the past. I have one pair of stretchy regular jeans that are perfect pregnancy jeans because they are so low (uncomfortably low when I'm not pregnant but I always wear my shirts really long) from Maurice's- I think the brand is hydraulic?? They fit perfectly before I got pregnant (well all my jeans are big in the waist bc of how I'm shaped) and are still very comfy now. Also, my sister handed me down a bunch of maternity and it's all just longer regular looking shirts. If you just get some regular clothes slightly bigger maybe that would work better and then you have some clothes to wear post pregnancy anyway???

MelChicago December 8th, 2013 05:51 AM

I like LOFT maternity (online only). Probably on the pricier end, but they frequently have sales especially if you're on their email list.

ToMuchElmo December 8th, 2013 11:33 AM

Kohls has some decent stuff, plain, but not ugly. Maternity clothes are incredibly expensive considering you wear them less than 9 months

Panda December 8th, 2013 06:27 PM

Ross is where I found some great maternity jeans price was good too

MomX5 December 9th, 2013 08:28 AM

Decent plus size maternity clothes are even harder to find and more expensive. I was able to buy some second hand and they are okay for the price. I get too big too soon not to wear maternity clothes.

inyourhonor December 9th, 2013 08:33 AM

Whatever I find makes me look ridiculous. Either super bright patterns or fluffy stuff. I'm a bigger person so it would be plus size and I guess patterned ware what you're supposed to wear. This is my personal opinion though. I like jeans and t-shirts.

I stick to yoga like pants and hoodies. So much easier for me to get through pregnancy like that.

Mom2Kirby December 29th, 2013 01:01 PM

I love Haute Mommies and Bella Babies. Their website has some really cute maternity clothes as well as baby clothes. I got work clothes from there that I plan on keeping for my next pregnancy.

lovemylittlemiss December 29th, 2013 01:12 PM

Not sure if it has been mentioned but you could try local thrift shops...when I was in the States in the fall I got a great pair of maternity jeans for 5 bucks at Savers. I think they usually have a decent selection of mat. wear too since it is clothing that is only worn for a short amount of time.

Most of my maternity stuff comes from H&M but I am going to try looking at Primark, hopefully in January. Primark stuff is super cheap btw...there is no way I'm going to be throwing down 50 bucks for a pair of pants that I will only wear for a few months.