JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   For those of you on team green... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2696940-for-those-you-team-green.html)

lovemylittlemiss December 8th, 2013 12:00 PM

For those of you on team green...

What made you want to be team green? Are you finding it hard? Has anyone here had previous children they didn't find out the sex with until birth? We are going to find out with this baby but I have thought about not finding out if we have a 3rd. I think it will be very hard for me to not find out but my excuse has always been to find out so we can prepare...if this one is a boy (like I think it is) we would have things for both genders around.

mommy2b43 December 8th, 2013 12:29 PM

Re: For those of you on team green...

If we have a fourth I might not find out. I had to find out for the same reason to prepare. I don't know that I could wait though- pregnancy is miserable for me with the nausea that never seems to end...finding out the gender gives me something to look forward to and let's me bond with baby instead of just feeling like I have a parasite in my belly making me so sick. I found out at 16 weeks this time and I won't do that again. I did not at all enjoy the gender u/s it was rushed and we didn't even see baby since they don't care to get you good pics...

inyourhonor December 8th, 2013 01:25 PM

I'd love to be team green but having 3 boys I need to know. Plus I'm a planner and love being able to connect with their name. I think with my first two I'd try very hard to not know.

I admire those so much that have the willpower to not find out!

Ellies_mom December 8th, 2013 01:31 PM

We'll try to find out after Christmas with this baby. My DD we tried to find out but never could so we found out when she was born. It wasn't hard waiting. The thing I didn't like though was that by the time she was born I had convinced myself that she was a boy so it took a bit to get used to the idea of a girl. It was exciting though getting the big surprise in the end!

*CAMM* December 8th, 2013 03:46 PM

We are NO LONGER team green. We know the sex =)

Originally we wanted to be team green because it was our last and we have stuff for both genders. We wanted it to be really special.

We had an ultrasound Saturday for my husband who can not make my OB's ultrasound...baby gave up the goods really fast LOL...it wouldnt of mattered if I wanted to know or didnt want to know...having seen tons of ultrasounds with my own and friends..I knew what baby was without being told. We had already decided that if we could find out without having to really look that it was fine...and it worked out that way.

NONE of our family know that we had an ultrasound or that we know the gender ...its going to be a fun surprise =)

girlsofsummer December 8th, 2013 05:03 PM

It was very, very important to my DH that we were surprised with our first baby. In his words exactly, "There are so few true surprises left in life!" We fought at first because I really wanted to know and he adamantly didn't want to know (and I could never find out and keep it a secret). I'm a planner, too, plus I didn't think that I could wait.

Now that we're almost 1/2 way, I feel like I won't be tempted to peek from here on out.

Londons Butterfly December 8th, 2013 05:16 PM

I, like Marisa, have 3 boys and can't just not know lol. I wanted to wait. But I just can't lol.

Onelove121 December 8th, 2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *CAMM* (Post 27844340)
We are NO LONGER team green. We know the sex =)

Originally we wanted to be team green because it was our last and we have stuff for both genders. We wanted it to be really special.

We had an ultrasound Saturday for my husband who can not make my OB's ultrasound...baby gave up the goods really fast LOL...it wouldnt of mattered if I wanted to know or didnt want to know...having seen tons of ultrasounds with my own and friends..I knew what baby was without being told. We had already decided that if we could find out without having to really look that it was fine...and it worked out that way.

NONE of our family know that we had an ultrasound or that we know the gender ...its going to be a fun surprise =)

YAY!!! SOOOOOO...what is it? U gonna tell us?!?!? ;)