JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Can't. Get. Enough. ICE!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2717915-cant-get-enough-ice.html)

Rolsen April 25th, 2014 09:22 AM

Can't. Get. Enough. ICE!!

I have been chewing ice like a mad woman lately. I've lost my appetite and just want to crunch on ice. I get plenty of water (I refill my 32 ounce cup at minimum 8-10 times a day) but I can't seem to get enough ice.

I read this could be a sign of low iron. Anyone having issues with this?

dindin April 25th, 2014 09:32 AM

Re: Can't. Get. Enough. ICE!!

The only thing I know is that it could indicate anemia, or also other deficiencies.

Decemberhill April 25th, 2014 10:06 AM

I am the same way! I crave nothing but sonic ice and popsicles!

Cervix Cramps Suck April 25th, 2014 11:30 AM

I have the same thing. I asked my doc and he said it's a little late in the game for anemia considering all my blood work tests have been normal.

He told me to keep going.

MommaBean18 April 25th, 2014 12:12 PM

Same over here. doc said I'm slightly anemic so they upped my iron.

anjewellove April 25th, 2014 12:51 PM

I love ice! Sno cones & sonic ice for me!!

anhoyle April 25th, 2014 12:58 PM

I'm the same way. I had them check my iron and it was normal. Just one of those cravings!

~*Bethy*~ April 30th, 2014 05:37 PM

Lurking from Oct 2014 -

I was very anemic at the end of my last pregnancy. I could eat about 3 big bags of ice that you would get from the store, in ONE day. Thats all I wanted, and all I really ate in the hospital. My levels were so low that 4 more numbers would have gotten me a blood transfusion. REALLY watch how much you are ingesting, and let your OB/midwife know so they can get you on an iron supplement STAT!!

mommy2b43 April 30th, 2014 05:49 PM

I think it's a normal pregnancy craving and you just need to watch the amount you're consuming. I always crave ice at the end and have never been anemic.

anjewellove April 30th, 2014 09:48 PM

Not anemic. I check myself :)

Ellies_mom May 1st, 2014 08:49 AM

Even if you were anemic theres no quick fix for it anyway. Did you have a blood test to check for it? Usually they do one. I'm uber anemic and my hemoglobin is bottomed out so Im on iron 3 times a day, have been for a couple weeks and its still doing nothing. My dr says it takes about a month to start making a difference :(

I know a couple preggo women who have had crazy ice cravings. My SIL was the worst lol. When she was in labor that was 50% of her husbands job...making sure her ice bucket was filled at all times! She wasnt anemic. Just a crazy pregnancy craving....theres so many of them lol!