JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   May 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/)
-   -   37 week appointment (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1984-may-2014-playroom/2718764-37-week-appointment.html)

Onelove121 May 1st, 2014 11:03 AM

37 week appointment

Not effaced or dilated at all :( :( :( Praying for some progress and that I can VBAC...I do not want another c-section. Haven't gained any weight the last 2 weeks and measuring at 36 1/2 cm.

anhoyle May 1st, 2014 11:08 AM

Don't be discouraged! I didn't even start to dilate until 39 weeks with my son. contractions came out of nowhere. I hope you can vbac!

StilettoGirlMama May 1st, 2014 11:28 AM

Re: 37 week appointment

I felt the same way at my appt yesterday - just ANGRY! We will get there :)

Nel May 1st, 2014 11:54 AM

I wouldnt worry yet.

Decemberhill May 1st, 2014 11:54 AM

I can feel your frustration! I too am hoping for a VBAC. I opted not to get checked at my 36 week appointment so I didn't dwell on it. My next appt I will 38.3 weeks and after I am checked, that's when I will make the decision. I am trying to be really proactive…walking everyday day, bouncing on my ball, drinking red raspberry tea, eating a crap ton of pineapple and last night I started taking EPO. We shall see!

Onelove121 May 1st, 2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decemberhill (Post 28066164)
I can feel your frustration! I too am hoping for a VBAC. I opted not to get checked at my 36 week appointment so I didn't dwell on it. My next appt I will 38.3 weeks and after I am checked, that's when I will make the decision. I am trying to be really proactive…walking everyday day, bouncing on my ball, drinking red raspberry tea, eating a crap ton of pineapple and last night I started taking EPO. We shall see!

Good luck hun! I am going to chiropractor today to get adjusted. He said he could help get my pelvis open/in alignment; have also been doing daily red raspberry tea leaf and EPO orally and just started inserting one vaginally. I am gonna start bouncing on my ball, walking and trying to have lots of SEX ;) I have a motherhood massage with reflexology next Friday also! I am determined to have this VBAC. With my DS, I never dilated past a 1 :( They said my pelvis was very narrow

joanna26 May 1st, 2014 12:57 PM

Good luck girl! Hopefully you can make some progress soon.

anjewellove May 9th, 2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onelove121 (Post 28066226)
Good luck hun! I am going to chiropractor today to get adjusted. He said he could help get my pelvis open/in alignment; have also been doing daily red raspberry tea leaf and EPO orally and just started inserting one vaginally. I am gonna start bouncing on my ball, walking and trying to have lots of SEX ;) I have a motherhood massage with reflexology next Friday also! I am determined to have this VBAC. With my DS, I never dilated past a 1 :( They said my pelvis was very narrow

When is your next ob appointment? How have you been feeling?

I've been using Gentle Birth tincture 3x/day & 4 Borage Oil Caps internally at night. :fingerscrossed: I will have a shorter hard labor than the 17 hours I had with my last!

inyourhonor May 9th, 2014 06:46 AM

I can tell you with my first VBAC, I showed NO change at my 40 week appt. He was born 1 week later. I went into labor on my own, I did use EPO, but I can't say if that did anything. But I know I was closed for winter basically at my 40 week appt.

At 37 weeks, there is still plenty of time for change!

Onelove121 May 9th, 2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjewellove (Post 28075966)
When is your next ob appointment? How have you been feeling?

I've been using Gentle Birth tincture 3x/day & 4 Borage Oil Caps internally at night. :fingerscrossed: I will have a shorter hard labor than the 17 hours I had with my last!

I had an appt yesterday...cervix still posterior, high and thick and not dilated :( Doc said to have relations, do hands and knees and ball exercises.

I am not having any contractions; a little cramping here and there. Had another appt with chiro yesterday for adjustments and some acupressure. Have a massage today with reflexology.

Still doing Red raspberry tea leaf and EPO orally and vaginally. Is Borage Oil better than EPO? We have also been trying to DTD as much as possible and walking.

Thanks for asking! =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by inyourhonor (Post 28076101)
I can tell you with my first VBAC, I showed NO change at my 40 week appt. He was born 1 week later. I went into labor on my own, I did use EPO, but I can't say if that did anything. But I know I was closed for winter basically at my 40 week appt.

At 37 weeks, there is still plenty of time for change!

Thanks love! Gives me HOPE :) She will give me til 41 weeks to attempt VBAC. Then I will have to have c-section :(

anjewellove May 9th, 2014 09:38 AM

I used EPO with both my boys with no real show of it. This time I heard about Borage Oil which is the same thing but more GLA's & less side effects.

I am using it internally only. I started using it at 36 weeks (they say don't use before 37 oops) and in 3 days I went from nothing to 80% effaced and dilated to 1cm (not much dilation but the effacement was shocking since I never efface that much until after I'm in labor!)