JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mental Health (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f69-mental-health/)
-   -   My anxiety is through the roof!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f69-mental-health/2563784-my-anxiety-through-roof.html)

mykesmomma August 20th, 2012 05:23 PM

My anxiety is through the roof!!!

Before finding out I was pregnant I was on antidepressants/antianxiety for 4 years. I was on Celexa. Before that was Lexapro and Zoloft. After I found out I was pregnant the doctor told me Celexa is not recommended during pregnancy. So I weaned myself off. But lately, I have been so overwhelmed. We are moving this weekend, so theres one contributor to my anxiety. I just feel like there is just so much stufff laying around my house and everything is so disorganized and theres nothing I can do about it. Ive also been having problems with low blood sugar if I dont eat about every 2 hours (10:00 this morning it was 47) so Ive been trying to take it easy. I also have a 7 years old son with ADHD and he can definately push my buttons some days.

Is there any antidepressant that is safe during pregnancy? Ugh...I just want to feel like I have some sort of control over my emotions again!!

Thanks in advance!! :unsure:

mommy_to_nico August 20th, 2012 07:52 PM

Re: My anxiety is through the roof!!!

i am taking fish oil which isn't a anti depressant and i have bipolar, me & my hubby are ttc and we both take it, he takes it, b/c its supposed to help his fertility. He's going to be testing to see if anything has changed and i've been taking it for my moods & high cholestrol. its somewhat helped i've been on it for 3 mths i say i'm doing alot better off my meds then i was 2 yrs ago. plus having counseling is great 2 a month.

Missa_Mae August 21st, 2012 05:21 AM

I'm sorry you're anxiety is so high but sadly, I can relate.

I found out I was pregnant about 2 weeks ago and at first I was OK with it ... then this past weekend my hormones must have went haywire because I ended up staying inside the entire weekend having massive panic attacks. I also have low blood sugar and was too anxious to eat so it made it worse.

I then started freaking out about how I would handle the next 7/12 months ... and if I could even do it
:cry:

I went to the doctor yesterday and she took me out of work for a few weeks to get a grip & she also started me on BuSpar, which is an anti-anxiety medication that is a Class B, safest in pregnancy. It's supposed to help keep me calmer and less anxious. It's only been a day so I don't see much relief yet ...

I also am starting therapy soon and hoping that'll help.

Besides BuSpar I've heard that it's ok to take Zoloft or Prozac during pregnancy, especially if it's benefits to the mother outweigh the small risks to the developing fetus.

morganae23 September 21st, 2012 03:33 PM

Check out pill injury lawyer. You're taking a risk when you take Zoloft or Prozac, or Paxil. These drugs cause birth defects. Try alternative ways to control your stress levels. Walks, no coffee, lots of water, even comedies may help you laugh off some of the stress...