JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Mental Health (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f69-mental-health/)
-   -   Anxiety/panic attacks? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f69-mental-health/2669684-anxiety-panic-attacks.html)

pattyandthemoos August 2nd, 2013 07:00 AM

Anxiety/panic attacks?

Who has anxiety or panic attacks? Do you also have another issue or just anxiety/panic?

I have major issues with anxiety. I don't have full blown panic attacks that often but I do get them. Mostly when I do I will have chest pains now and that can freak me out. I've woken up in the middle of the night even with chest pains. I thought it was my heart at first, even though I have had panic attacks for years. I didn't start getting them with chest pains until a couple years ago.

MommytoZoeAlyssa August 5th, 2013 09:16 AM

Re: Anxiety/panic attacks?

I have them if they are back i get to where i cant breath it feels like i am suffocating thankfully it doesn't happen often. Before my meds if i was in large room or store with alot of people I would freak out and get really itchy and break out in hives. The Zoloft has helped with that and the depression.

pattyandthemoos August 13th, 2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoes_Mommy (Post 27565419)
I have them if they are back i get to where i cant breath it feels like i am suffocating thankfully it doesn't happen often. Before my meds if i was in large room or store with alot of people I would freak out and get really itchy and break out in hives. The Zoloft has helped with that and the depression.

I have heard that zoloft is used for anxiety. I'm glad that it work for you. I don't feel like my anxiety (or my bipolar for that matter) are under control.

MommytoZoeAlyssa August 14th, 2013 08:57 AM

I could tell a difference when they lowered my dose at the begining of my pregnancy I went down to 50mg and I got a lot more anxious if I was out and esp at work if there was a lot of people crowded in one room. I was also a lot more moody and sensitive. I have since gone back to 100mg and I am not seeing this as much.

steampunkgoddess August 14th, 2013 07:12 PM

I do. I feel like I can't breath and that i am going to freak out any second. I am worst in groups of people, so sometimes being at work is really hard for me, or the mall or an amusement park. Usually if I close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing I can get under control again. Retreating to a bathroom stall for 5 minutes is surprisingly soothing.

pattyandthemoos August 15th, 2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modern Goddess (Post 27587767)
I do. I feel like I can't breath and that i am going to freak out any second. I am worst in groups of people, so sometimes being at work is really hard for me, or the mall or an amusement park. Usually if I close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing I can get under control again. Retreating to a bathroom stall for 5 minutes is surprisingly soothing.

I've done that too. I sometimes will just have to leave the room if I feel like I am going to lose it.

amandabanana August 19th, 2013 03:06 PM

I've struggled with anxiety for a really long time and right now I take Citalopram but I used to have to take Xanax when I would have panic attacks because it was so bad I couldn't go out in public for a long time. Thankfully now I don't have very many panic attacks, but I do worry that when I go off my meds for pregnancy that the anxiety will come back.

..Michelle.. August 23rd, 2013 09:07 PM

Yep. Panic attacks AND anxiety attacks. They're even worse when my depersonalization disorder is acting up. I hate them and they can just leave when ever they want to LoL! I'm like most of you, I have a hard time in public and have been diagnosed with social anxiety. I am really a fun, out going person but when I'm around a lot of people I don't know or in a big store; I feel like I'm just going to flip out. Other than the physical aspects of it (feeling light headed, heart beating a billion times a minute, sweating, etc...) I feel like I'm going to do something stupid and everyone will look at me and think I'm nuts-o. It's all the "what if's" that suck the most.